Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FordPass app and servicing

Apollogary

Had our automatic Fiesta serviced earlier.

I was looking at the FordPass app, and it said "oil service required", I looked half an hour later and it said "oil life 100%".  It was also unlocked. It got me thinking... what is to stop an owner from locking their vehicle remotely, or worse, starting the engine? 

I asked my mate about it when I picked it up, and he said its not something any of them had ever thought about before. I expected him to say, it got disabled as soon as it was booked in or hooked up to Ford system or whatever, but no.

A possible scenario, someone is working around the engine, hands near a pulley or what not. Child at home picks dad's phone up and starts the car. Thats a bad day for the mechanic.

My understanding is, it works over internet, so no such thing as being out of range. Maybe it won't start if bonnet is open??? I know its unlikely, but, it could happen surely

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Apollogary said:

A possible scenario, someone is working around the engine, hands near a pulley or what not. Child at home picks dad's phone up and starts the car. Thats a bad day for the mechanic.

Remote start is inhibited unless all doors are locked. That might include the bonnet (I don't know) but in any case they would not be working on the car with all doors locked.

• Like 2

That makes sense. Thanks

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club