Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Issue

SMaxedDavid

Morning All,

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere on here.

Having an issue where every time I start the car Sync reverts to default settings. i.e., it returns to "day" mode and changes radio channel from what i was originally listening too.

Not a massive deal as it's easy to change, just trying to understand whay this is happening and what can be done to stop it.

Cheers,

David.

My 2017 used to do this, but used to default to AM Radio

Radio settings forgetting is a software issue in the ACM (radio) which will need updating

That may also cure the Sync reset issue too

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to reply with my solution to this annoying issue in case any future searchers have the same head scratching moment.

So along with this issue my Ford Pass app also started working intermittently, turns out they're both connected, whod've though...

Like many fords with Sync 3 my Kuga has a built in wifi reciever, so connected to my home wifi, went to software update, it checked and said i was up to date.

Reset my Sync in hopes it was a glitch, no effect.

Contacted Sync help, they said take it to a dealer, no thanks.

Download the "latest" sync 3 software to a USB and tried it this morning, hey-presto all seems to be working now. Whether or not i loaded in the same software i don't know, didn't write it down.

My ford pass app is now working as should too thankfully!

Probably saved myself a few hours labour here..

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club