Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things to look for mk2 focus st225

Charliem229
聽Share

Hi, looking at upgrading from my mk7 fiesta to a mk2 focus st 225. Any common problems to keep an eye out for when viewing? cheers

From my own experience the bodywork is standing up more or less, had an oil diaphragm unit fail with shorted heater element then couple of driveshaft boots failed/perished usually on drivers side as it鈥檚 more exposed. Plus an alternator packed in followed by the Ford re-manufactured replacement only a month later 馃檮

My pre-facelift succumbed to a cracked liner near the end of its warranty, I鈥檇 say these days lot of cars have either had block mods to prevent this or have already suffered failures and been fixed.

Some other issues like boot water leaks aren鈥檛 unique to the ST models so lot of info already in the Focus section here.聽

• Like 1

Best thing to keep an eye out for is petrol stations, like a BEV, you'll need to plan for where they are

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, troy45 said:

From my own experience the bodywork is standing up more or less, had an oil diaphragm unit fail with shorted heater element then couple of driveshaft boots failed/perished usually on drivers side as it鈥檚 more exposed. Plus an alternator packed in followed by the Ford re-manufactured replacement only a month later 馃檮

My pre-facelift succumbed to a cracked liner near the end of its warranty, I鈥檇 say these days lot of cars have either had block mods to prevent this or have already suffered failures and been fixed.

Some other issues like boot water leaks aren鈥檛 unique to the ST models so lot of info already in the Focus section here.聽

perfect cheers, have heard quite a few things about these cracked liners so will defo keep an eye out for that and try go for one that has had a block mod done聽

23 hours ago, troy45 said:

driveshaft boots failed/perished usually on drivers side

I've had one on my 2008 ST

22 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

keep an eye out for is petrol stations

I get nearly 33mpg out of myST !

Check to see if the hatch glass has the "gutters" fitted on either side (42410).

g017619806.thumb.png.820c2276586f0f2612bf198553852951.png

Without these, every time I lifted the hatch in rain, it tipped water into the boot.

• Thanks 1

I think the rain channels were factory fitted to facelift models, possibly came in with late pre-facelift cars. Easy enough to fit if needed.聽

I don鈥檛 do mega miles in mine so don鈥檛 keep too much of an eye on fuel consumption. Running RS injectors which will distort the calculations for what the car is telling me and I never tried to see how accurate the mpg readings were before the injectors were changed.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club