Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 keys ?

pilsudski

hello just picked up 72 plate Focus, slightly amazed when the dealer said they're was only 1 key, and no spare. took his word, but just checking if this is correct , anyone know ?  thanks

Probably is correct.  '72 plate would have been built during chip shortages.  I have heard of other cars only getting one key during this time.  My '21 plate Focus did come with two keys though.

While cars were shipped with single Keyfobs during chip shortages many manufacturers followed up by getting the second key to customers once the shortages were addressed

• Like 1

That must have been an expensive car, so, if it was me, I would be going back to the dealer and asking them to provide a second key, including programming it to the car.

If you loose your only key, or it stops working, you will be stuck.

• Like 1

My Ford dealer salesman waited to the end of finalizing the sale, and hand me 1 key, I said no deal.

Get me another key or the sale off. He gave me a name of a car key service that, he knew, that would make a key and program it. At the key service, I told them to bill the dealer. Never heard anymore about this.

A vehicle without a key is nothing, but, a doorstop.

Best Wishes

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club