Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Release Switch

HeadShoT2009

My boot release switch is a bit tempermental( i tested the it by bending a staple and putting it in the connector block and work everytime) so was wondering how much a switch costs and how u remove it from the surround. I know this is not related but thought id say i had my mot today amd the car failed as the n/s/f windscreen wiper did not clear the screen completly( lest a few lines sort of thing) and they rang i said do you want us to fit a set for £40 so i said to the guy ur having a laugh right £40 for wipers and fitting, i said no thanks i go to wilkos and get them n fit them and bring it bak in the morning( wipers only cost me £16) thanks for the help with the switch inadvance

My boot release switch is a bit tempermental( i tested the it by bending a staple and putting it in the connector block and work everytime) so was wondering how much a switch costs and how u remove it from the surround. I know this is not related but thought id say i had my mot today amd the car failed as the n/s/f windscreen wiper did not clear the screen completly( lest a few lines sort of thing) and they rang i said do you want us to fit a set for £40 so i said to the guy ur having a laugh right £40 for wipers and fitting, i said no thanks i go to wilkos and get them n fit them and bring it bak in the morning( wipers only cost me £16) thanks for the help with the switch inadvance

ide advise hitting the scrappies youll get 2 switches for next to nowt and as you know its easy to check them so easy job really

i had problems with mine. stripped it down theres a little white rubber bit that pushes the micro-switch. this had slipped down, so the button prong was just missing it( unless tapped hard with 2 fingers 10 times) repositioned the the rubber button clicked it back together, been fine since.

there was 1 at the scrapies the other day, but only just read this post.

click the link to buy 1 off eBay, that's the cheapest 1 on there

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Focus-MK1-Boot-Release-Switch-Button-98-04-ST170-/140452562431?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b3a005ff

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club