Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water gauge fiesta titanium 1.0 2017

carla24
聽Share

Hi. I recently purchased fiesta titanium 1.0 2017 model, from Trade Centre Wednesbury. As I drove off forecourt the bars on the water gauge rose to 2. Within 10 minutes the bars had rose to 4 but didn't increase any further. Is there a problem with my water? I'm a typical female when it comes to cars and think the dealer saw this 馃槕.

Hi Carla,

The temperature gauge on that version is not particularly precise. The number of bars should increase as the engine warms up, (and the 1.0 ecoboost is designed to warm up quickly) when at normal operating temperature the gauge would sit around the middle, which is about 4 bars iirc.

So it sounds pretty normal.

If it were sticking at 2 bars that would indicate a faulty thermostat preventing the engine from warming up properly, likewise if it goes (and stays) way beyond 4 bars would suggest an overheating issue.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club