Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Steering

nwsavvy

Hi all, Well wanted to take SWIMBO shopping today, car started ok then alert Power steering malfunction. Engine light on and steering like a brick. On the mk3 I had would have first checked the fluid but not knowing this car, 2012 tdci 2.0 163 hp, I am confused on what the type of power steering is fitted.

I tried using Forscan and it came back with something about power steering module not corresponding, or something to that order, should have taken a picture but have downloaded latest version now so no record Doh.

Would someone be so kind as to clarify what system is fitted as cannot find PSF reservoir and am wondering if it is an all electrical system.

Many thanks

I think it'll be an electro-hydraulic pump.  Electric pump & reservoir assembly will be mounted under the headlight if so.

Hi sorry for delay but trying to sort problem. Am looking to find the module but as of yet cannot find the location of said unit, hopefully an easy find.

Thanks all

1 hour ago, nwsavvy said:

Hi sorry for delay but trying to sort problem. Am looking to find the module but as of yet cannot find the location of said unit, hopefully an easy find.

Thanks all

If it is an electro-hydraulic system, the module is part of the motor and reservoir assembly, under the headlight.

Hi Tom, thanks again, I found the pump etc but never thought of looking there for the module. Just finished decorating so tomorrow looks like the headlight out again and check for bad connections and wiring.

Many thanks

Barrie

Did you check the fuse first?

Hi, I checked the only fuse I could find ie the one in the engine bay the one I believe is 80 amp I think from memory is F13? that is he only one I know, If you can suggest another please get back. 

Thanks

Barrie

It should be more fuses. Might be F22 . Have you got manual for the car?

Hi thanks for that. No I don't have a manual I must get one, have one for the mk3 so need one. I will download some wiring diagrams to see if I can find one.

Many Thanks

Barrie

Hi Zen, Many thanks will study that and see what I can find.

Cheers

Barrie

Hi, checked every fuse on the car and all ok, all I can think now is pump assy. Ran car and cannot feel any vibrations from the pump no movement at all.

Round to garage tomorrow and see what he says, same place I bought from. Funny when putting part number in all units seem to be for Galaxy motors and one for a Volvo which I know was done with Ford.

Many thanks all for your help.

Barrie

• Thanks 1

Hi, ECM not getting input from PSM so onother pump assy ordered from Bay of E. Another query, sorry, are these pumps plug and play or do they need coding?

Thanks

Barrie 

If you ordered the same one it might be plug and play. Someone more knowledgeable might answer that. Is wiring OK?

Posted (edited)

Hi yes wiring seems to be so, Mech put code reader and said contact not getting to ECM and no shorting registered. Ordered one looks same and has same part numbers.

Just waiting now for arrival and mech is primed so hopefully all will be ok.

Again thanks for your help

Regards

Barrie

Edited by nwsavvy
added part number

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, well car is gone, now have a Focus Zetec S 2015 in blue so everything starts again🤪

Thanks all

Barrie

🫣. I guess you didn't get chance to fit steering pump? Probably better to get newer car, which you did.

52 minutes ago, nwsavvy said:

now have a Focus Zetec S 2015 in blue

Do you need to update your profile ? 🤔

profile.JPG

Hi, Yes fitted another pump but the same? on checking it wasn't getting power, checked all they could wiring etc so in the end decided to end it all Ha Ha and traded it in for 2015 Focus 1.5 tdci Zetec S so happy now.

Cheers and thanks again.

Yep I do but after all the sorting of buying,Mot,tax but no cost!!! insurance , I will sort it tomorrow.

Busy day!!😝🤡

Cheers all

Barrie 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club