Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hardwire dash cam

jay ward

Hi all,

I am looking for constant live and acc live fuses in the cabin fuse box on a 2012 focus so I can hardwire a dash cam. Does anyone know the circuit and fuse number. I am using the cig lighter plug at the moment but and that cuts out after approx 30 minutes of turning the engine off. 

Thank you in advance,

Jay 

36 minutes ago, jay ward said:

... I am using the cig lighter plug at the moment but and that cuts out after approx 30 minutes of turning the engine off.

Why would you want a dashcam to run longer than that? Even in 'park' mode, it uses the internal battery.

This has on internal battery to run on. It needs acc live to run on full 4k and when no acc power it runs on park mode from the constant live at 1 frame per second. That is why I need to know what fuses to piggy back off.

Thank you.

Do you have a mulitmeter to check which fuses are powered with ignition off?  Plenty of choice for a switched live but permanent live is more difficult.

F79 says audio, hazards and door locks.  All of those things must work with the ignition off.  But I'd want to test it with a multimeter to check.

F76 should be reverse lamp which is a fairly safe switched live.  Not a major issue if something goes wrong and you lose reverse lamps (unlike fuel pump for example).

On 5/27/2024 at 2:09 PM, TomsFocus said:

Do you have a mulitmeter to check which fuses are powered with ignition off?  Plenty of choice for a switched live but permanent live is more difficult.

F79 says audio, hazards and door locks.  All of those things must work with the ignition off.  But I'd want to test it with a multimeter to check.

F76 should be reverse lamp which is a fairly safe switched live.  Not a major issue if something goes wrong and you lose reverse lamps (unlike fuel pump for example).

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I do have a multi-meter. There a few fuses that switch off after about 30minutes of turning the engine off. I will test the said fuses and go from there.

Thanks again,

Jay.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club