Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Misting Problem

JDFocus

Hi,

in my 05 focus the windscreen seems to constantly mist up no matter what the weather is, and no matter how much i turn the heat up or down it always seems to do it. i was wondering if theres a well known fault with the air con on focus's of this year or if i have to change a part? pollen filter etc etc

Cheers

JD

Hi,

in my 05 focus the windscreen seems to constantly mist up no matter what the weather is, and no matter how much i turn the heat up or down it always seems to do it. i was wondering if theres a well known fault with the air con on focus's of this year or if i have to change a part? pollen filter etc etc

Cheers

JD

i would start by changing the pollen filter. genuine ford one is about £15

i would start by changing the pollen filter. genuine ford one is about £15

sounds like either the pollen filter needs changed or you have a water leak under the front passenger side footwell from the pollen filter as it goes down the back of the glovebox and under the carpet and can cause the misting i dont have aircon and mine doesnt mist up so its either 1 or the other you may find that it could be both the seals gone so the pollen filter and footwell are wet look under the carpet and youll find out

the pollen filter on you model focus is inside the car behind the matrix centre console, you get to it by removing the fuse panel passenger side, when fuse panel is move out of the way, look to the right to see a thin panel with 3 screws remove this to find the filter, make a note of which way it is facing there should be arrows on it, these must be facing into the car. you will not get water in the car like on the early focus they have the filter on out side by the windsreen.

alz

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club