Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Driveshaft Bearing Please Help !!!

benscab

i was told that the loud grinding noise coming from my drivers side front wheel could be a bearing that is located on/in the driveshaft and the noise is travelling down the shaft making it sound like its coming from the wheel.

my question is.............. can i just buy the bearing and change that, and if so , who sells them ? or do i have to replace the full driveshaft..... new or secondhand ??

also any further help on where else this noise could be coming from would be appreciated.

noise is constant, in/out of gear, clutch in/out. wheel bearings already changed, hubs changed, recent gearbox change done too. oil filled to correct level.

thanks

ben.

Check for a worn cv joint there are two per drive shaft, the outer one is the most common one to go. you can get them from most car parts outlets shops. ("as you say that wheel bearings already changed, hubs changed, recent gearbox changed too, and that the oil is filled to correct level").

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club