Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management System Warning Light

Rocky73

Hi There

Well nearly 5k miles of happy motoring have passed in my new Fiesta Titanium...until tonight...got the fright of my life! I was sitting outside the local takeaway idling when the warning chimes came on and the warning said "Low Engine oil Pressure. Stop safely" :blink: . The Engine Management light was on, the oil light was on and the "i" light was on. I immediately switched off the engine for a minute or so to let the car cool down a bit. A few minutes later I turned the ignition on again and the message had cleared, all lights were normal (no warnings etc) :huh: .

It was a bit too dark to check my oil at the time, will do this first thing tomorrow and obviously have the car checked asap but was wondering if maybe this was a glitch in the Engine Management System as the car seems fine and no warning lights are on? I know with some previous cars (not fords though) that Engine Management Systems can be perfectly good liars :lol: !!!

Any help or info would be grately appreciated as I was a bit alarmed when this happened lol!!!

Fiona : D

check the oil and get back to us.. if it is very low it might just be the car warning you as it should. having said that, in my experience the oil level has to be REALLY low for the light to come on. how often do you check the level?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club