Do Not Sell My Personal Information

60 Plate Fiesta Zetec

steveo

just picked up my new 60 plate fiesat zetec.

i was given a quote for a three year service plan which i can pay monthly.

it is about £20.00 a month for three years.

has anyone been offered this and any ideas if this is worth while

You should be looking at 150 for a minor service and 250 for a major. Thats 550 for the fisrt three services plus any extras such as brake pads which these service plans do not cover. Your service plan would work out at 720 so i would not be worthwile as its 170quid more

Only my opinion though.

As above, doesn't seem worth it to me. However there are some variables:

1: Depends where you live. Up here in Scotland if you shop around you're looking around the £100 for a minor service / approx £150 for a major service.

2: The service plan you were quoted depends on how many miles per annum you cover. If you cover more than 12500 per year, your plan would involve more than 3 services therefore could work out better value.

i looked at my service plan again and it does work out at £556 for the three years.

as i dont do much miles i dont think it would be worth it as i know i can get it serviced cheaper than the main dealer, my thoughts were if it was serviced by the main dealer would i get a better value for my car.

just really looking for any of your thoughts

...my thoughts were if it was serviced by the main dealer would i get a better value for my car.

just really looking for any of your thoughts

Some may disagree but I'd say definitely not. As with everything in life these days, there are no prizes for loyalty. If a Ford service agent is looking for your business then you have a chance to negotiate a price for the job and normally they'll bend over backwards to accommodate you. If however the dealer already has your cash... they're not going to go out of their way for you, are they?

Another thing, you pay up front - great everything is tickety boo. Who's to say your local friendly Ford dealer will still be there in 12 months time? You might then have to travel some distance to have your car serviced.

As I don't have access to a crystal ball, I never pay the full price for goods which I haven't received. Paying for something that's going to happen in 3yrs time seems crazy to me.

yes i totally agree with what you say.

might just stick to a local independent garage

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club