Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Gauge/miles Left Until Empty..

boggyb68

Hi Guys, another issue has now arisen since the visit to the dealers yesterday..

I was driving into work this morning when the fuel light came on with it's usual bong, the readout said 50 miles, again as usual..

Only problem is I still have just over a quarter of a tank left, and this only used to happen as the needle hit the red..

This was all ok until the service yesterday.

I called the dealer and they said use the car until the fuel is nearly gone and then fill it with £10 or £20 quid of diesel and see what range it displays.. I usually see about 120 miles range on ten quid of the black stuff..

Anyone else had a problem with this?

Cheers

B.

Hi Guys, another issue has now arisen since the visit to the dealers yesterday..

I was driving into work this morning when the fuel light came on with it's usual bong, the readout said 50 miles, again as usual..

Only problem is I still have just over a quarter of a tank left, and this only used to happen as the needle hit the red..

This was all ok until the service yesterday.

I called the dealer and they said use the car until the fuel is nearly gone and then fill it with £10 or £20 quid of diesel and see what range it displays.. I usually see about 120 miles range on ten quid of the black stuff..

Anyone else had a problem with this?

Cheers

B.

Only time it happened to me was when the car was brand new, the average MPG was showing as something like 13 MPG, ( about 7 Miles total Mileage ) so the range did go down to 50 Miles at the quarter tank mark.

As I drove the car more and the average MPG improved, it never happened again.

Could the Dealer have accidentally reset your Average MPG at the service ?

Stewart.

It does sound like the average mpg has been reset. The 'miles till empty' is based on the average mpg. I would imagine that as you drive your 'miles till empty' will actually go up as your average mpg returns to a more normal figure.

nah its cos the miles to empty as hit 50.

you can actually make the bong go away and the light go off if you're properly caining it then stop and drive like a nun so your miles to empty goes back up.

i've had my needle on the red but my miles to empty read over a hundred, yet no warning light or bong.

i'd say as the car has been sat at the dealers with the engine on under investigation or whatever the miles to empty has gone down obviously along with your mpg as you're not moving but using fuel.. yet when you've gone driving normally the fuel hasn;t gone down that much yet your trip comp is still calculating at horrendous mpg and MTE as its got a long lag on it.

Thanks alot guys, that's really helpful.

I'll potter around at the weekend and see if it resets itself.

Cheers

B.

All sorted.. after running it down at the weekend and putting some more juice in it is now behaving as it should.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

B.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club