Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Folding Mirrors + Winter

Cortexx

Hey Guys,

I know its abit early and the really cold weather isnt coming just yet, but i was thinking the other day how do i stop my electric mirrors automatically folding when i lock the car?

Ive fiddled with the cars menu system and tried both options but it doesnt stop it :S

Is there a fuse i can take out?

Im worried that in the winter when the mirrors are frozen and i unlock the car they might unfold and break!

Thanks

Are you sure remembered to press the middle of the joystick after selecting the option. If so you might have a problem. If I go into the menu then vehicle-> powerf mirrors and set it to 'no link to lock' then lock the car, the mirrors do not fold in.

+1 for the above.

Also, having had the car for the whole of last winter (31st oct onwards), the powerfold mirrors were absolutely fine, even through the heavy snow etc.

They wont freeze and break. The fiesta is sold in a lot of countries that are a lot colder than the UK so it's been taken into consideration with the design.

Mine were absolutely fine in the winter, no need to worry matey!

i think there was only one day last year when i poured some warm ( not boiling ) water on them to get rid of some ice, but other than that i never had a problem with them if you think they will break :)

That said... i did have one go a bit loopy where it thought it would go past its stop point until it basically went 180deg :P get a new one fitted under warrenty though

That said... i did have one go a bit loopy where it thought it would go past its stop point until it basically went 180deg :P get a new one fitted under warrenty though

Haha I could imagine the look on your face when you looked and thought what the hell is going on there! (I'm sat here giggling to myself) Glad you got it sorted though :)

You wont need to turn off the auto folding mirrors

But there is an option under the "car menu" to "delink from locking

Haha I could imagine the look on your face when you looked and thought what the hell is going on there! (I'm sat here giggling to myself) Glad you got it sorted though :)

I think it was more of a ffs what a fecking piece of crap, straight to the dealers it went to that day :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club