Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Wont Rev Over 2800 Rpm

karldurham

Hi all and welcome to my problem

I have a ford galaxy 1.9 desiel ANU engine it dropped a valve a while back, since then i have had a recon head fitted, a new injector, new injector leads, new piston ect, had all the engine rebuilt, been on umpteen digo machines all say injector no 1 or mass airflow meter, tried new air flow meter not that, swapped injectors around still says no 1 so not that either,

the engine starts and runs but just will not go over 2,800 rpm, seen one on eBay for sale it had exactly the same fault, but a ford tec had sent him a question on how much would he take for it as he knew what the fault was apparently it is a common fault but he would not say what it was to sort it out,

ps a common fault on ford transit fused earth lead goes from battery to body link blows kills all power supply £20 for a new one in for - i bought a standard earth lead from local shop £1.50 put it on 3 years ago and no probs what so ever,

can anyone help me with the galaxy karl

Hi karl

could be water ingress into MAF sensor.(this is a common fault)

what year is the car?

tom

Hi all and welcome to my problem

I have a ford galaxy 1.9 desiel ANU engine it dropped a valve a while back, since then i have had a recon head fitted, a new injector, new injector leads, new piston ect, had all the engine rebuilt, been on umpteen digo machines all say injector no 1 or mass airflow meter, tried new air flow meter not that, swapped injectors around still says no 1 so not that either,

the engine starts and runs but just will not go over 2,800 rpm, seen one on ebay for sale it had exactly the same fault, but a ford tec had sent him a question on how much would he take for it as he knew what the fault was apparently it is a common fault but he would not say what it was to sort it out,

ps a common fault on ford transit fused earth lead goes from battery to body link blows kills all power supply £20 for a new one in for - i bought a standard earth lead from local shop £1.50 put it on 3 years ago and no probs what so ever,

can anyone help me with the galaxy karl

Hi Tom

It is an "x" registration 2000 model

is that not part of the mass airfow meter as i have tryed changing this also it has been dry stored for nearly two years

Hi Tom

It is an "x" registration 2000 model

is that not part of the mass airfow meter as i have tryed changing this also it has been dry stored for nearly two years

Hi Karl

check the attached sorry but this is the only information i have.

maybe someone else who knows more will come on and help.

sorry if the does not help though.

tom

post-13968-050475600 1288428737_thumb.jp

check the turbo boost valve and the pipe to it are ok and working correctley.

• 1 month later...

Have a similar problem with my Galaxy 1.9 TD (115) 55 Reg - albeit it's not permanent. Only happens in the very cold. From starting it would top out at 2800 revs (usually got to this by third gear) and as you say, not go above and vehicle seemed to lack power. If I turned off the ignition, it reset and didn't seem to happen once the engine was warm. The engine fault code was 17965 which was "turbo pressure control unit limit exceeded" P1557. I was told the likely cause was a faulty pressure control unit but as this was attached to the turbo unit, it meant a new turbo unit (Quoted £1295 + Labour!!!). Interestingly, after the service and a new air intake filter, the problem went away till almost a year later and the next really cold spell (we're talking < -5 degrees C) and coincidently the service is now due again. I doubt the air intake filter had anything to do with the problem, but it certainly moved the point where this error occurred. In any case, when the engine is limited to 2800 revs, it's running in fail safe mode. I'm still living with my problem as for 99% of the year it's not a problem....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club