Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Flow In 59 Plate Fiesta Tdci Zetec

gill3891

Hi there,

I am new to this so apologies if this is in the wrong area!

I have had my Fiesta TDCi Zetec for 1 year and have noticed that the air flow from all of the air vents (even the window screen one) is pretty poor. It also takes a LONG time to heat up and clear the windscreen when it is frosty (even if I do put the heated front widnscreen on). I am just wondering if this is a design fault or if maybe there is a fault with my car and I need to get it checked.....any ideas?

Thanks,

Gill

I was going to make a similar post to this. My 10 1.6 TDCi takes forever to get warm (air). I'm talking a good 20mins/10miles. Anyone else have same issue?

My 06 1.4 petrol definately warmed up a lot quicker, is this a trait of deisel?

Hi,

As far as I'm aware the heaters run off the temperature of the engine, since the diesel generates far less heat than the petrol it takes much longer to warm up. I find if it's very cold revving the engine and late gear changes help to bring the cars temperature up quickly. my 1.25 MK6 heated up alot quicker than my 1.4 TDCI MK7 does. It may be worth looking into putting extra heat elements into the blowers, particularly with winter approaching!

Thanks,

Mark

if you have all vents open i find that the air flow is not as strong shutting say the side vents gives higher flow to say the middle vents , as for the heated windows mine normally take about 3 minutes until i notice the ice melting , its quite an instant effect with the heated windows for instance mine was frozen up last week i turned the heated front window on and i could see no effect for the first 2-3 minutes and then suddenly you notice all the ice broken up and melted

Hello

I also drive a 1.4Tdci 09 plate fiesta, i was was just wondering if you have experienced any mis fire /hesitation at around 2- 2.5 revs??

my car is doing it all the time now and is driving me crazy

It has been in to my local ford garage for 2 pcm regens , after that its fine for a couple of days and then goes back to what it was doing! There are a couple of 1.4Tdci Fiesta's around my area with the same fault but ford are not recognising this as a fault. So im trying to get as much feed back as i can from other 1.4tdci ford fiesta drivers as my vehicle is going in to Ford next week (again ) but this time some one from Ford is coming down to take some data from the cars to see if they can sort it ( This is slightly worrying as they dont know how to fix this fault a year and half later!!!)

thank you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club