Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 "audio Unit"

BHeart

Hi

I'm still feeling my way around my new Fiesta and at the moment, it's the 'audio unit' that I'm playing around with and I've come across a few things I'd like some help with please.

Q1: Is with regard to the audio unit speakers; I have the bluetooth handsfree with usb installed and with that you get 6 Speakers, 4 in the front and two in the rear. I can see the two in the rear, one on each rear door and there are two large speaker grills in the front, one on each front door. Do the front speaker grills conceal two Speakers each side and if not, where are the other two front Speakers?

Q2: Concerns the AVC (automatic volume control) which can be adjusted to compensate for the 'road noise' etc, I've increased the AVC volume from within the menu and then pressed "OK" to 'SAVE'. I normally have the audio volume on 3 - 4 when driving in town which is just about ok for me but, after I had set the AVC the other day, I went to work up the m'way which meant more road noise and did not notice any real difference in the volume. Is the AVC increase a subtle increase or should it be more noticeable?

Q3: I tried out the CD player for the first time today and as stated, my radio volume is normally set to 3 - 4 but when I inserted the CD, I could hear the music but it was at a lower volume than with the radio but I had not altered the volume and then had to turn if up a couple of notches. Is this normal when going from radio to CD?

That's it for for now, I'll update the questions if I've missed anything out.

Thanks, BHeart

1. There are 4 Speakers in the front and 2 in the back. The 2 in the front that you are missing are the tweeters, each concealed by a small grille in front of each door handle.

2. I dont notice much difference with the AVC either.

3. Yes thats normal as the radio station's volume may be calibrated differently compared to the CD.

1. There are 4 speakers in the front and 2 in the back. The 2 in the front that you are missing are the tweeters, each concealed by a small grille in front of each door handle.

2. I dont notice much difference with the AVC either.

3. Yes thats normal as the radio station's volume may be calibrated differently compared to the CD.

Hi

Thanks for your input regarding the Fiesta 'audio unit'.

Found the two front tweeters though I'm not sure why I had not noticed them before now - just shows how much I checked the car over before taking delivery. :)

With reference to the AVC, the Vauxhall version of this works really well and you can actually hear the sound increase as you increase speed and then decrease as you slow down. On the Fiesta, I just cannot detect any real increase in the volume so I'm not sure if it's working correctly or not? Just out of interest, how far have you taken the 'slider' up in the AVC settings?

Radio/CD volume - the volume does drop when you change to CD from Radio but, to be honest, the CD I was using was created by me using MP3's and some tracks where a bit louder than others but still not as loud as setting 4 on the radio.

One last thing whilst I'm on the subject of audio volume, since I've had the car (October 1st this year), I have noticed on the odd occasion that the volume 'justs drops' when I'm listening to one my favourite radio staions, though I will tune to one or two other stations just to see if it behaves the same way. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks, BHeart

One last thing whilst I'm on the subject of audio volume, since I've had the car (October 1st this year), I have noticed on the odd occasion that the volume 'justs drops' when I'm listening to one my favourite radio staions, though I will tune to one or two other stations just to see if it behaves the same way. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks, BHeart

it sounds to me as your radio is in traffic mode as in your ta seems to be on.when radio stations send out there ta the radio will automatically get louder..

Thanks, BHeart

it sounds to me as your radio is in traffic mode as in your ta seems to be on.when radio stations send out there ta the radio will automatically get louder..

Hi

Many thanks for your reply.

I'm very familiar with traffic mode and I'm fairly sure that it's not actually on but I will check next time I'm in the car.

When in TA, the volume increases significantly when there is a report coming through and the volume problem that I'm on about is actually a decrease and you do notice it going down.

I actually think that it is to do with the local radio station that I normally listen to because in my last car, a Vauxhall, sometimes it dropped out altogether and at other times, the volume did change. I've now changed to another local station to see if I get the problem on that andif I'm right, I will also try another to confirm.

Thanks, BHeart

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club