Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Windows

shazbo

i have a 2008 fiesta titainium went in for service last tues at a ford dealer. tried the passenger side window on the wed goes down but does not go back up will only go back up from drivers side , have booked into ford tomorrow , will it come under the warranty . as being a woman do not want to get fobbed off with a bill

Ford's warranty for your electric windows is 3 years or 60,000 miles from the date of registration.

Ford's warranty for your electric windows is 3 years or 60,000 miles from the date of registration.

thank you its just that when i rang i said does it come under the manfacterys warranty and got told depends when they have looked at it . if it is covered or down to wear and tear . thats what got me thinking will they fob me of i have had it 4 months

OK the rules have changed slightly - you didn't say you'd just bought the car.

The original manufacturer's warranty is 3yrs or 60,000 miles - whichever comes first.

If you bought a used car from a Ford dealer under the FORD DIRECT scheme, then you have a have a 2yr unlimited mileage warranty. That means if your car was 1st registered in March 2008 and you bought the car in June 2010, then the warranty will last to June 2012 (I hope that's clear).

Anyway that's beside the point. If your car is a UK model (ie it's not an import) all you need to know is your car is still covered by Fords warranty. It's completely unreasonable to assume that your electric window has failed within 3yrs due to wear and tear! - I'm not sure why they even mentioned that to you but that's just ridiculous. An electric window is expected to last longer than that. In fact even if the car was just outside it's warranty period, you could still claim that Ford repair it or at least make a contribution towards the cost of repair.

Bottom line is this. If the garage inform you the window won't lift due to 'wear and tear', ask for the service manager and ask him to contact Ford Customer services as the original parts fitted were clearly not fit for purpose.

i bought from a ford dealer and it has 3 years warranty which runs out next sept or oct it was register late 2008 . it has only had one owner before me thank you for your advice .its just that i have had this done before just because i am a woman . i had a polo it was a year old and i had it 7 months and central locking went . they told me it was wear and tear and would cost me £200 plus .i said wear and tear and they said it must of been frozen and i had forced it open. so i took some where esle and got it done for £60 valtswaggon also told me brake pads needed changing and took it to another garage and they said i still had 30000 mile usage left on them

Eh? Forcing the central locking open! What the hell's that suppose to mean? How do you FORCE your central locking open? Does that involve a crow bar or something?

Everyone to their own but I'd have been contacting VW direct or at least going to another VW dealership for a 2nd opinion. If I've paid for a warranty then the car gets repaired under warranty. Even if the central locking was 'forced open', what's that got to do with wear and tear? Improper use perhaps but wear and tear? No.

Never ever take no for an answer. And if a garage does highlight an unexpected fault / repair to your car, ALWAYS refuse them to fix it. Tell them you're not 100% happy and that you're going to another franchised dealer for a 2nd opinion. And if it's obvious they're ripping you off, ask for the service manager and tell him you intend to consult trading standards.

What did the garage who charged you £60 say was the problem with your central locking? Did they suggest your central locking was forced open? I'd have asked them for the faulty parts to be returned to me and then showed them to that VW dealer, tell them I'm reporting them to VW UK as incompetent, contact VW UK and send them that £60 repair bill which they should have repaired under the warranty you paid them for.

It's got nothing to do with your s*x nor how much mechanical knowledge you have. It's just common sense.

well i have took car in . they said it sounds like the switch has gone of window i asked if this came under warrenty they said will not know till have a proper look to see what has caused it ???? and they are going to ring me up and tell me the cause and if i have got to pay. the only prob is if i refuse to pay and ask for car back i will have to pay them service charge for them looking at it. in connection with valtwaggon my partner wrote a letter to stafford branch and head office got no where . i was quoted £280 and my partner rang later and ask how much it would be and he got told 181 so he said he wanted it in black and white has we had both been quoted diff prices , the other garage said some thing had gone can not really remember but he said about brake pads that they would of charged 300 plus and there was nothing wrong with them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club