Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's Getting Beyond A Joke Now

calmcdermott

As it says above I had the steering rack and 2 ball joints replaced today on my mk7, which may I point out is only 10 months old. Noticed whist driving tonight, they have fixed the clucking noise but when they have put it back together they have obviously not aligned the steering so now if I put my steering wheel straight the car veers to the left!!! Why does nothing go right for me?

i would have thought and hoped that after all that messing about wheel allignment should have been carried out too as part of the job.

Thats the thing, it was completeley straight before I took it in for repair as only had the tracking done about 5 months ago at the price of £40 and I havent hit any potholes so its impossible for me to have knocked it back out. I bet they will expect me to pay to have it done.

Take it back and get ford to do it.

That's what I am doing matey, I told them I hope they aren't expecting me to pay for it, they said you won't be

ye take it back at end of day if you not crashed it then it should be there job to sort stuff like that... is it not the trackin that gone a little??? i remember when my steering went it needed a new wishbar, new shock and tracking sorted...

ye take it back at end of day if you not crashed it then it should be there job to sort stuff like that... is it not the trackin that gone a little??? i remember when my steering went it needed a new wishbar, new shock and tracking sorted...

Hey Nico, nope I definately havent crashed it lol and like I said above it was perfectly straight before it went in. The dealership told me that they disconnected the steering so my guess is that they didnt lock in in place and thought that'll do!

Was that on your new Fiesta?

Hey Nico, nope I definately havent crashed it lol and like I said above it was perfectly straight before it went in. The dealership told me that they disconnected the steering so my guess is that they didnt lock in in place and thought that'll do!

yeah it was... in the 1st month of having it, which was a pain in the !Removed!!! they said that i may have an issue with scrubbing on the front left tire after it but as of yet i cant see much wrong with it... fingers crossed its sound though :)

there is nothing to lock in place, just changing a track rod end and not puting the allignment out is hard enough - never mind ripping the steering rack out! surely they would know that the allignemt would need to be checked/adjusted? if they had a test drive after 'fixing' the car they should have noticed it? who knows what goes on inside some ford dealers... as for my local one, they cant even do an oil change correctly and i wont even mention the one about 10 miles from me

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club