Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3Rd Engine Recalibration

nats1985

Right guys i really really need your help here,

my car is 09 plate 1.4tdci 21k miles on the clock

i have had since new this misfire/hesitation at 2-2.5 revs, it feels like ive given my car kangaroo juice or something, i have to accelerate hard through this to clear the fault

My car had now been back 3 times in 18 moths for this fault all they can do is recalibrate the engine, and they cant find the fault!!

The Ford techniacal chap came down to cornwall yesterday to have a look as its not a known fault to them,they are not 100% sure that they have cured the fault.As a result i have logged a complaint with Ford now but im not one bit happy with my car and i feel that i am being fobbed off!!

And with the response that i got from ther service manager from my local gargae im far from satisfied!!!!

'' The best thing that you can do is buy a Ford Focus !''

Why should i spend more of my money on a car that i dont want , i bought this new style fiesta in good faith that it would perform properly as this is my 5 th brand new Ford

Guys if you have experienced anything like this could you respond please i need as much information as i can to go back to Ford and say Look there is a fault you have got to sort this out

thank you

xx

As far as im aware if you have had the car looked at three times in 18 months you unfortunately cannot reject the car. I believe you can only reject in the first 6 months. I assume from what you say ford have confirmed that a fault does indeed exist. Not an awful lot of help i know, but this web page may provide you with more info. Also consider seeking advice from your local Citizens advice bureau.

My link

Good luck with it

Adrian

Right guys i really really need your help here,

my car is 09 plate 1.4tdci 21k miles on the clock

i have had since new this misfire/hesitation at 2-2.5 revs, it feels like ive given my car kangaroo juice or something, i have to accelerate hard through this to clear the fault

My car had now been back 3 times in 18 moths for this fault all they can do is recalibrate the engine, and they cant find the fault!!

The Ford techniacal chap came down to cornwall yesterday to have a look as its not a known fault to them,they are not 100% sure that they have cured the fault.As a result i have logged a complaint with Ford now but im not one bit happy with my car and i feel that i am being fobbed off!!

And with the response that i got from ther Service manager from my local gargae im far from satisfied!!!!

'' The best thing that you can do is buy a Ford Focus !''

Why should i spend more of my money on a car that i dont want , i bought this new style fiesta in good faith that it would perform properly as this is my 5 th brand new Ford

Guys if you have experienced anything like this could you respond please i need as much information as i can to go back to Ford and say Look there is a fault you have got to sort this out

thank you

xx

The 2000 to 2500 revs sounds familiar. Do you think it is a misfire or a more a flat spot? Once you power through the misfire/flat spot does the power seem ok or does the car seem a little sluggish? If the answers are yes a flat spot and yes a little more sluggish then your issue is probably down to the EGR valve that recirculates exhaust gases into the combustion cycle during Idling by some mad cap idea by the EU to save the universe or something. The EGR valve may only be partially closing or not at all causing loss of power and the flat spot when the ECU is expecting it to be fully closed but it hasn't. EGR valves are ussually expensive to buy but can be removed and cleaned to restore operation I did this a couple of times on my previous car a Fiat Punto. Getting it of the car was the hardest part due to the location of the thing but dissasembly for cleaning was a doddle. I don't have a diesel fiesta so i have no idea where the EGR is.

well what a shocker, my fault is starting to reoccur!!!!

this is taking the absolute mick now!!!

new recalibration my a**

and fuel reading shocking !!!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club