Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non Ford But Need Advice Asap

fishpond 47

(mods feel free to remove this post as I'm not sure if it's allowed)

Can any of you ford mechanics give me some advice please, the reason I'm asking on here is because I belive Ford garages do Mazda aswell now, I have asked the same question on a mazda site and it's had 31 views and no replys.

Heres my question:

Does anybody know how I slacken the Auxiliary belts off (alternator belt and the other belt for the water pump/power steering) on a 2004 mazda2 1.4, so I can change them, I car'nt see an adjuster on either of them anywhere and they need doing asap.

any advice is a plus and will be much appreciated

Adjusters are normally sprung loaded nowadays. See if one of the tensioners has a nut/bolt head in the middle of it and try and turn it. You might find instead of the bolt head turning, the whole tensioner moves in an arc - thus releasing tension off the belt.

Hi Fishpond

have checked & sounds stupid but there is no tensioner shown on any MAZDA 2.

have you checked to see if the water pump is ofset(this used to be used on other cars as a tensioner)

tom

Adjusters are normally sprung loaded nowadays. See if one of the tensioners has a nut/bolt head in the middle of it and try and turn it. You might find instead of the bolt head turning, the whole tensioner moves in an arc - thus releasing tension off the belt.

Thanks Tracker for your reply, unfortunatly there isnt any tensioners on the belts, the alteernator belt comes off the crank pully straight to the alternator pully, the other belt comes from the crank,around the air con pump,then power steering pump, then onto the inside off the water pump, not any off them are ajustable and no tensioner in line.

Hi Fishpond

have checked & sounds stupid but there is no tensioner shown on any MAZDA 2.

have you checked to see if the water pump is ofset(this used to be used on other cars as a tensioner)

tom

Thanks for your reply Tom, funny you should say about this as I've just changed the water pump on this car and thats how I managed the get that belt off and back on (by removing the water pump pully), so I suppose that solves one of the belts then, (thats ok, why didnt I change that belt then? I hear you ask) the problem is this belt is the back one and the alternator belt stopped me from changing it :unsure::unsure:

these may well be stretchy belts as they are becoming more and more common, they just stretch on and new ones are normally supplied with a bit of kit to spin then on with

with all the alternator bolts loosened will it move to slacken the belt?

with all the alternator bolts loosened will it move to slacken the belt?

I had thought about trying this but it's getting to the bolts, think I'll be trying the stretch route without damaging the pullies.

Many thanks to everybody for the pointers, I'll let you's know how I get on.

Mike

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club