Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaaky Gear Stick!

helsbels81

Over the past few weeks, my 58 plate Titatnium Fiesta has developed a squeaky gear stick! Ok, so it isn't a major problem, but it is damn annoying! It only happens when I change down gears, for example, 3rd to 2nd, 5th to 4th.

Any ideas of what I can do to get rid of the annoying noise would be gratefully received! Thanks :)

Hi,

Mine developed the same problem.

If you lift the trim panel surrounding the gear lever, complete with the gaiter, you can apply spray grease, I used "white grease", to the ball at the bottom of gear stick and also the rose joints.

You will need to be a little careful when removing the trim panel as it is quite tight and needs a liitle force. It is clipped under at the front and needs lifting from the back. It's held in place by 4 clips and don't be surprised if one breaks, the plastics on these are not that robust.

It cured my squeak, but 2k miles later my cables snapped at the gearbox end. I'm not saying you will end up with the same problem tho'

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club