Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Christmas 2010 Meet?

Jack_P

I would like to start with an apology from myself, i was due to book in with Meguiars for a detailing day for FOC this winter but turns out they were fully booked for this season within about 2 weeks back in august <_< I've left my details with them and if any drop-outs are made from pre booked clubs then ill be on a reserve to get a space in. So maybe there still is a possibility?

Anyway, how does everyone feel about a meet in December time? Or would one in the new year be more appropriate?

Jack

I would like to start with an apology from myself, i was due to book in with meguiars for a detailing day for FOC this winter but turns out they were fully booked for this season within about 2 weeks back in august <_< I've left my details with them and if any drop-outs are made from pre booked clubs then ill be on a reserve to get a space in. So maybe there still is a possibility?

Anyway, how does everyone feel about a meet in December time? Or would one in the new year be more appropriate?

Jack

Don't no but please don't let me arange for another club to come along as i believe that the people who went to the last meeting never actually meet the other clubs there.What a shambles. :angry::angry:

Erm...slightly dumb question as this is probably somewhere on site but couldn’t see it?

Is there a Bedfordshire Rep? If not do i come under Hertfordshire or Northamptonshire as both are near? Or both :lol::lol:

Don't no but please don't let me arange for another club to come along as i believe that the people who went to the last meeting never actually meet the other clubs there.What a shambles. :angry::angry:

Adam and I had a chat with the STOC guys, we were parked with them to start with. Shambles seems a bit strong, bit of mis-communication if any at all damaged that joint meet. We still had a good time though, right?

Adam and I had a chat with the STOC guys, we were parked with them to start with. Shambles seems a bit strong, bit of mis-communication if any at all damaged that joint meet. We still had a good time though, right?

I had a great time!

Well call it wot you want that car park and place is not that big.So how did you all not meet each other.I have read other comments on sites about it and it is not good. :rolleyes::rolleyes: But hey perhaps next time you may do a better job. :rolleyes::blink:

Not on my half.

Location:Tamworth *Katie*, on 13 October 2010 - 20:58, said:

mikester, on 12 October 2010 - 21:52, said:

shame the organisation was a bit lax on this one

Care to explain?

Whoever was liasing on behalf of both clubs, I actually came over to you guys as had no idea where the FOC lot were, then wasn't there an issue of both clubs sitting separately when we got inside? all I know is both clubs were parked at opposite ends of the car park and you guys had the best view lol

Food was awesome and location was ace, can see why it was chosen

WEll it was me and as i could not make it i would of thought that some 1 from our club would of taken over on the day.So i guess the sarcastic comment you posted on there forum was aimed at me.

Whoever was liasing on behalf of both clubs, I actually came over to you guys as had no idea where the FOC lot were, then wasn't there an issue of both clubs sitting separately when we got inside? all I know is both clubs were parked at opposite ends of the car park and you guys had the best view lol

A map of our location was posted on here. We were in a semi-circle surround by trees and did not have a view of the entrance to the car park.

The only sarcastic comments I see on this thread are yours?

is this guy for real?!

you're trying to flame me for commenting on the organisation or lack of..... ?! you admitted yourself that you organised it yet couldn't make it, seems like a prime example of bad organisation there, somehting along the lines of not even able to attend your own party?

you're quoting from other forums as well, on who's behalf exactly were you organising for, FOC or STOC? as if it were either you clearly did not communicate between the forums as to where to meet. it was only by chance that adam and i met the STOC guys, we had no idea where it was we were parking up, we simply drove to where all the commotion seemed to be... realised the FOC members weren't there and went into the pub, it wasn't until we were in the pub that we realised the FOC guys were actually already present.

you've clearly got a point to prove. i agree i posted something detrimental about the meet as i feel it was justified as the meet would havebeen great if it was truely joint, but that was one negative, on the sly post, not directed at anyone at all. yet you've comented numerous times in this post alone in a properly negative fashion like you're actually trying to stir something up, are you?

Jack P.. I will attend regardless of organisational skill. :)

Right i feel the need to step in here.

I was also to do with crossing the information from both boards, as i was with both parties. It's a fair point to say that it could have been better organised in terms of all parking together etc, but at the same time it was well attended and a great turnout from both parties.

It was basically my first meet with STOC and wanted to know a few guys from the boards, put names to faces etc etc, so i did infact spend most of my time talking to the guys from STOC rather than guys from FOC.

I feel it is uncalled for to call it a shambles, im pretty sure myself that FOC had given the area of the carpark to be parked in, and also remember this being stated over on STOC. Why the group was split into two may have just been a mis-communication between the two parties, and wouldnt like to think that they would be each to their own! I had a good time meeting new people etc and im sure everyone else that was there did too :)

Id say put the past in the past and leave it as it is and learn from "mistakes", bickering over such a small problem ( to me ) is pointless and will get you knowhere.

If anyone has any ideas on what they would like to do/ place to hold a meet then fire away all ideas are taken into account from everyone on here! :D

Jack

It doesn't matter! Still a good meet.

New year meet seems good to me, people will have more time and might be less skint. Plus it'll give me a chance to take the MX-5 on a good run!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club