Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heating Mondeo Tddi

leslover

hi, i have a problem with my heating, firstly the gauge in the car doesnt register when driving, only when sat still, and then it take ages to move, and secondly when driving the heaters are only ever warm, not hot, even after 30 mins driving, the expansion tank doesnt seem to hold much pressure either, it gets hot, but i can still unscrew cap and no steam etc...it doesnt use any oil or water, but i think mpg is down tho.....any ideas please?

I think the best place to start is with the thermostat..... but they are not the cheapest thing from fords, sure mine was about 30 quid. If ya buy the houseing from fords you get the stat allready fitted inside and it only works out couple quid more for both.

Ps if ya only buy the stat carfull not to tighten up the bolts to much once the stat is in as they strip out the treads real easy.

hi, i have a problem with my heating, firstly the gauge in the car doesnt register when driving, only when sat still, and then it take ages to move, and secondly when driving the heaters are only ever warm, not hot, even after 30 mins driving, the expansion tank doesnt seem to hold much pressure either, it gets hot, but i can still unscrew cap and no steam etc...it doesnt use any oil or water, but i think mpg is down tho.....any ideas please?

I think the best place to start is with the thermostat..... but they are not the cheapest thing from fords, sure mine was about 30 quid. If ya buy the houseing from fords you get the stat allready fitted inside and it only works out couple quid more for both.

Ps if ya only buy the stat carfull not to tighten up the bolts to much once the stat is in as they strip out the treads real easy.

dnt suppose u know which 1 its likely to be dya? ive heard there is 2? is it more likely to be the oil cooler 1? ive been quoted £90+ for thermostat with housing or £15 just for the thermostat, im assuming there reasonably easy to strip down just to replace the stat and not the whole housing? also any instruction etc would be most helpful if u can please??

Yes there are two stats.... the oil cooler one is placed behind the water pump and is 15 quid from fords.

If ya confident enough to do your self start with the bigger one on the top right of engine and test with boiling water from kettle.

I would supose any garage will start with the one at top of engine. the oil cooler one is only small. and a little findly to get in.

I changed one myself and took me about hour, including replcacing coolant.

allways replace coolant with anti freeze....

check this link to another post....

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16980

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club