Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smoking Fiesta Tdci 1.4(When Warm)

hansto

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

I have a ford fiesta 1.4 tdci 2003 (60,000) miles when starting it's fine but once ive been stood for 10 mins and the engine gets hot/warmer than normal when i rev the car it smokes (leaves smokey deposit on the floor) for a while then its ok.

It's just had a service (forte engine flush oil and filter change)using original ford oil and filter.

Has anyone resolved this problem? If so I would be grarefull for your help.

Thanks

Tony

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

I have a ford fiesta 1.4 tdci 2003 (60,000) miles when starting it's fine but once ive been stood for 10 mins and the engine gets hot/warmer than normal when i rev the car it smokes (leaves smokey deposit on the floor) for a while then its ok.

It's just had a service (forte engine flush oil and filter change)using original ford oil and filter.

Has anyone resolved this problem? If so I would be grarefull for your help.

Thanks

Tony

You could use a fuel additive by "FORTE",-- 400ml treats 100 litres of diesel. I used it from 2000 to 2008 on diesel cars, and it does an excellent job of cleaning the fuel system throughout, including pipes, pump, injectors, heater plugs, lambda probe, upper cylinder lubrication, catalyst cleaning.

It works quickly, and has been known to help lower emissions prior to the MoT.

I am presuming that the engine air filter has been renewed, as my own car did not get a new filter at its first service,- an oversight by the garage, and only proved by them being able to hand me my special "Pipercross" filter, quite dirty, after my second year service.

P.S., the "FORTE" products are trade-only, and I get mine from my Ford dealer, ar £8.50p + VaT. Even Mercedes is known to use these products, although they have another supplier now. I started using it when my Rover workshop F/M explained its inclusion in their servicing, and continued using it with my later Yaris D-4D.

I now use the petrol version. (they even have a version for early sticky-valve Zetec engines-- pre-Mk 6.)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club