Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Common Problems

stuffandblah

Can anyone give me an idea of the kind of common faults with the latest focus please?

I have a mark 2 1.8 TDCI focus, which over the years I've had a few mechanical things go wrong such as DMF, clutch, intercooler, etc... I'm looking to get a 2007/2008 focus. Is the 2.0 TDCI a good engine?

Cheers

Dave

Can anyone give me an idea of the kind of common faults with the latest focus please?

I have a mark 2 1.8 TDCI focus, which over the years I've had a few mechanical things go wrong such as DMF, clutch, intercooler, etc... I'm looking to get a 2007/2008 focus. Is the 2.0 TDCI a good engine?

Cheers

Dave

The 2.0 is a more modern design and you'll probably notice its more refined and quieter than the 1.8 with a good step in performance as well. The problems you describe with your 1.8 are sadly common to a lot of diesel engines nowadays. The only real specific problem with the 2.0 TDCI will be leaking injector seals and split intercooler pipes. These will be easy to spot/hear. Other problems (such as dpf and dmf) are again common diesel problems. Just make sure the car has a service history and that it behaves well on the test drive. Otherwise the engine has lots of pull and is fuel efficient.

Thanks for the info.

Does the 2.0 TDCI have a DPF, or is this only on specific models?

I know the VAG 2.0 TDI 170 have a few problems with DPF and a few people are getting them removed and remapped. Are people getting similar issues on the ford range?

Does make me wonder if I should just get a petrol to be honest.

If you're looking at 2007/2008 then its extremely liklely it will have a dpf as thats when Ford started making them standard on the 2.0 tdci, prior to that it was an option on this engine. Look the 2.0 tdci is a grat engine if its reliable, however moden day diesels are not as robust as they should be. When they go wrong its a big repair bill in a lot of cases. I have a 2.0 tdci and the performance is strong but If I was buying for me I would not buy diesel (unless its a VAG PDI unit). Petrol is more expensive on fuel and tax but much easier and cheaper to maintian.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club