Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers Window Freeze Ups!

mitch84

hi

Has anyone got any tips on how to stop the drivers window freezing up or un-freezeing it quick , i need to open it after work a lot to get out of my carpark and its a pain if i cant open it?

thanks

I dont think there is a quicker way to defrost window than spray de-icer on it. Usualy 4-5 sprays and it melts quickly and you can open the window.

I just used spray de-icer, that did the trick!

thanks everyone , i will just use de-icer then and direct the heater blowers towards the windows in future.

Last night after leaving my car in -5 for 6 hours my window was of course frozen, i find a card or scraper that is thin enough down the window seal on the outside usually does the trick but make sure there is no massive clumps in the corner which i nearly missed in the dark as that just will take a long time to defrost.

Anthony

does anyone know if we can switch automatic folding wing mirrors off? I wonder if motor can be broken if its very cold?

cheers

does anyone know if we can switch automatic folding wing mirrors off? I wonder if motor can be broken if its very cold?

cheers

I havn't got them myself, but if I remember right from last year you can turn them off on the centre screen in your car there will be an option

cheers

Hey yes you can, you have to to onto the car menu on the cd player and turn off link to lock

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club