Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Service Advice/tips?

Solaris

I have my car booked in for a service tomorrow morning and was just wondering if anyone has any advice on what i should bring and ask for. As you can probably guess I've never had a car serviced before.

Also does anyone know if a software upgrade for my radio would enabled bluetooth audio playback. I can connect fine with my phone but for calls only, have also tried an ipod touch but again it doesn't work for audio. My car is a very early mk7 (58 reg), were these players incapable of A2DP bluetooth audio or is it a software thing?

Thanks.

I have my car booked in for a service tomorrow morning and was just wondering if anyone has any advice on what i should bring and ask for. As you can probably guess I've never had a car serviced before.

Also does anyone know if a software upgrade for my radio would enabled bluetooth audio playback. I can connect fine with my phone but for calls only, have also tried an ipod touch but again it doesn't work for audio. My car is a very early mk7 (58 reg), were these players incapable of A2DP bluetooth audio or is it a software thing?

Thanks.

Can't hurt to ask. A software update is available and should be free under warranty.

Thanks, i asked. They said they only do software updates when there is a fault so i had to convince them no music streaming was a fault, they agreed to update it and now it works perfectly. :D

My first service tomorrow, no doubt they will find some issues that cost a silly amount of money and also no doubt i'll receive terrible customer service and be waiting ages!

My first service tomorrow, no doubt they will find some issues that cost a silly amount of money and also no doubt i'll receive terrible customer service and be waiting ages!

C'mon Chris don't be so negative.

When I booked mine in for it's first service in September I had no problems whatsoever. I spoke to the service manager on the phone to book it in & he was friendly & polite. I even got a price less than the one quoted on their website. They picked the car up from my workplace & dropped it off later. They also honoured my request not to wash the car.

The car came back service done, no problems whatsoever.

So you see it is possible to get good service from a Ford dealer :D

Props to Polar Ford in Runcorn.

I was pretty happy with the service, other than having to queue up for about 15 mins it went fine. Didn't have any calls during the service to tell me there were extra problems they found. I should mention though that when i went to pick up my car the person who dealt with me told me they gave it a wash and a vacuum inside, after a bit of examination it was pretty obvious to me they did neither.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my Fiesta serviced in September (when I still had it), I was paying the monthly service plan and it came through with no problems at all, whether that was because of the service plan or not, I don't know...

hi

i had my first service monday well pleased had engine flushed before oil change petol additive, and oil conditioner added then my air con refreshed no extra charge a service they say for killing any bacteria in the system . and i watched them wash and hoover car as i stayed while they did the service and a reasonable price:P