Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab Radio For Mk 7 Fiesta

Rod

Just thought that I would start a new topic and seek the views of other users. I read recently that analogue signals will be stopped in a couple of years. The Fiesta Mk7 has no option for DAB (even though reception is not great) and even the new Sony head unit is still analogue. The adaptors don'tseem much good and in any event will not work with steering wheel controls. Does anyone know of any unit that will work?

Just thought that I would start a new topic and seek the views of other users. I read recently that analogue signals will be stopped in a couple of years. The Fiesta Mk7 has no option for DAB (even though reception is not great) and even the new Sony head unit is still analogue. The adaptors don'tseem much good and in any event will not work with steering wheel controls. Does anyone know of any unit that will work?

As far as I know it WAS going to be switched off before the new coalition government decided not to? I hope they won't cause DAB in cars isn't all there plus I think the uptake would be small because unlike the digital TV switchover, you can alway's just put a CD or iPod/ MP3 on in a car. And the FM signal will still be used but for small stations from what I last understood of the plans?

Bit outdated but sums it all up:

http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/dab/fm_switch-off.htm

Think of it like the governments apparent commitment to get everyone fibre optic broadband by 2015, I work in this industry and well, yeah...... It's the usual all talk but they aren't paying much money for all this tech to be put into place!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club