Sign in to follow this  
stevo123

Fuel Flap

i went to get some petrol today and found that the fuel flap wouldnt open, after much pushing and pulling it finally opened, it was a bit embarrasing but now every time i check it its either stuck or staying open, the car is not even a year old yet.

This is a well known problem and your dealer will have a fix for it.

I had the same problem. Basically there are 2 black 'tabs' on the inside of the door that lock around the rubber covered spring bit (not sure I'm explaining this very well) They just cut the top one off!

I can go take a picture if you like?

This is a well known problem and your dealer will have a fix for it.

I had the same problem. Basically there are 2 black 'tabs' on the inside of the door that lock around the rubber covered spring bit (not sure I'm explaining this very well) They just cut the top one off!

I can go take a picture if you like?

A little bit of grease or vaseline on the 2 black tabs solves the problem, no need for a visit to a ford dealer for a monkey to hack at it with a knife!

Yeah I found in this colder frosty weather the flap was harder to open because of ice behind the flap stopping you from pushing it to open. :unsure:

If you go to the Ford Etis system and TSB 98/2009.............11/12/09 Sticky, jamming fuel filler flap it shows you what the garage does..