Sign in to follow this  
Lew

Steering Problem

Good evening,

Earlier today I stupidly over-did a corner, slid on some ice and hit the front passenger wheel on a curb.

Afterwards I had wheel wobble beginning at 15-20 mph, light feeling steering and a humming/vibrating noise coming from the wheel.

I put the spare on to see if maybe it was just a bent rim, which got rid of the wheel wobble but not the light feeling steering and noise. Any ideas as to what I have done? Feeling rather down and stupid about it :(

Thank you, Lewis.

Good evening,

Earlier today I stupidly over-did a corner, slid on some ice and hit the front passenger wheel on a curb.

Afterwards I had wheel wobble beginning at 15-20 mph, light feeling steering and a humming/vibrating noise coming from the wheel.

I put the spare on to see if maybe it was just a bent rim, which got rid of the wheel wobble but not the light feeling steering and noise. Any ideas as to what I have done? Feeling rather down and stupid about it :(

Thank you, Lewis.

lew if you managed to bend the rim of the wheel it is highly likely you may have damaged some of the lower suspension or steering components. also you need to get your brakes checked out and also the tracking. take a steady drive to your nearest reputable garage ( so you get an honest assesment) and get the car checked out. its impossible to determine the damage done unless you view the car. merry christmas.