1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

Hi there

I have a question about a leak in the roof of my fiesta - I have no idea where it came from and only happened once going around a corner after heavy rain when I got water dumped on me, apparently from the roof!

I have a 2000 (W reg) ford fiesta zetec; it does have a sunroof but I am very sure the leak didn't come from here. This exact same thing also happened in my old fiesta azura (1994) a few times!

Any ideas where its likely to be from and how to fix it? I could never find it in my old car.

Thanks!

Hi there

I have a question about a leak in the roof of my fiesta - I have no idea where it came from and only happened once going around a corner after heavy rain when I got water dumped on me, apparently from the roof!

I have a 2000 (W reg) ford fiesta zetec; it does have a sunroof but I am very sure the leak didn't come from here. This exact same thing also happened in my old fiesta azura (1994) a few times!

Any ideas where its likely to be from and how to fix it? I could never find it in my old car.

Thanks!

Check the seal around the sunroof glass, make sure both ends actually meet. I had the same thing in a G reg fiesta i had and turned out the felt/rubber seal had shrunk and water was seaping through. A new seal at the time was £54 so if thats the problem look for around that price!

Ok, I wasn't convinced it was the sunroof as it has never leaked in heavy rain before! The same thing happened in my old car which had no sunroof. I will get that checked anyway, though I doubt I'd replace the seal at that price in any case. What drain holes do you mean mintalkin?

if i remember right the drain holes are in the corners with pipes that lead down the a piller