Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hole In Petrol Tank. New Mk10 Fiesta

crow99

I have a small scre head size hole in my Petrol tank on the left hand side towards the bottom of the car.

I'm not sure how it happened as seemed to be ok previously. The car is a 10 reg and purchased new from the dealer. I have AA cover with my bank account and the car is warranty, I've not had many issues before (with the exception of the side panel neing scratched :( ) how do I go about getting this fixed, would have hoped warranty would cover it?

Contact your dealer where you got the car asap.

Cheers briggsy, I don't drive the car daily so its more a case of trying to get it fixed asap and obviously not very safe. Do you know if it would be there issue to fix?

Cheers briggsy, I don't drive the car daily so its more a case of trying to get it fixed asap and obviously not very safe. Do you know if it would be there issue to fix?

I wouldn’t know for sure but if it was a manufacturing defect or a wear and tear problem they should take care of it. however if they deem it was caused by you then the tables are turned.

If the damaged was not caused by you take the car back to the dealer as fixing petrol tanks can be a risky job for an inexperienced person.

If you have damaged the car have a ring around several recommended garages in your area for a quote.

Its awakward as I dont know opf anything specific that I have done to cause it - was working fine now leaking petrol. Someone else has suggested that some pikey might have drilled the car for the petrol, which could also be possible.

I've been reading the fix and a tempoary option which the AA/Ford Assistance might be able to provide is a resin patch, would the longer term solution be a new petrol tank?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club