Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Bonnet For My Mk6 06 Fiesta

talksy

Hello, During the December ice skating season, my poor fiesta had an inopportune incident with a ditch. Thankfully, I was going very slow so the damage was none too bad.

I have been scouring eBay and local scrap yards for a moon dust silver bonnet I can put onto my fiesta as the bonnet got slightly bent on the o/s side and quite badly bent near the grill.

All I can source are black primed ones. I am on the verges of giving up on finding one already in silver (I appreciate most cars at the scrap yards are going to have front end damage).

CIMG2264.jpg

Does any body have any ideas as to how much I should be looking to pay to get a primed bonnet sprayed?

I went along to a local body work garage and they quoted me £150 cash if I supply them with the bonnet.

Does this seem about right?

Thanks

Rob

I would go for a genuine ford bonnet in any colour if you can get one, i wouldnt pay more than £120 to have it painted. the problem with finding a silver one is that it will never match the shade of the car..

ideally the paintshop would blow over onto wings and bumper and then polish it over...to avoid having any colour match issues.

150 dont sound that bad to be honest...its a large area and its metalic

buying prepainted panels is a waste of time unless you dont really care about the colour match. my mates dad has a body shop and has to respray virtually every 'pre painted' panel to match the car.. and as already said, the colour does need to be blended in.

buying prepainted panels is a waste of time unless you dont really care about the colour match. my mates dad has a body shop and has to respray virtually every 'pre painted' panel to match the car.. and as already said, the colour does need to be blended in.

amen

Yes, I saw this too, but it says:

THOUGH WE HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS IN THE PAST, PLEASE NOTE THAT SLIGHT COLOUR VARIATION MAY EXIST DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS, PAINT OXIDATION AND AGE OF THE VEHICLE.

And...

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE: ALL ITEMS DELIVERED BY COURIER / ROYAL MAIL MUST BE CHECKED ON DELIVERY. IN CASE OF DAMAGE, PLEASE SIGN PROOF OF DELIVERY AS DAMAGED OR REFUSE DELIVERY AND CONTACT US IMMIDIATELY BY E-MAIL.

NO REFUND OR REPLACEMENT WILL DESPATCHED IF DAMAGED ITEMS ARE NOT SIGNED AS DAMAGED ON DELIVERY AND REPORTED ON SAME DAY OF RECEIVING THEM.

Giving the impression they spray and send to you, so it would not be a very good colour match. Also, they are not very close to me.

Worth a look, but not the best option.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club