Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Questions

Hi,

I have a ford fiesta just coming up to 3 years old and have done 20k miles. It has never had a service or any maintenance apart from an oil top up a few months ago.

Does it need a major service or a interim service? I looked on http://www.etis.ford.com/fordservice but wasn't sure as it has never had any services yet.

Also do you recommend doing it your self or at a dealer? I have never done a car service before but I am pretty good at technical/engineering things generally and have some of the equipment.

Thanks for the help!

If it has never had a service then definitly get a major done and i would get it done at a dealer to do it as they will give it a full checkbas if its never had a service it wont have been checked over before

i need mine soon, dreading it as (no offence adam) but every ford dealer i've been to has monkeys in the workshop, most doing their b-tec work placement or whatever it is they give the low acheivers thesedays.

I'm going to a non-franchise dealer this time, family run dealership who still write out their invoices by hand... hopefully these guys have more 'old school' chaps in the workshop :)

Doesn't an MOT check the car over? Or does the service include more checks that are advisable? After researching i'm sure I can change the oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, check brake wear.

Just seems £265 that ford quoted me just for a full service is a lot to check a few things.

Thanks for the help!

during an mot no parts are removed from the car, i.e wheels, therefore a service will get more indepth

im a qualified mechanic and id suggest if u dont exactly know what ure doing you can mess things up.

but if your sure then go ahead but the dealers ask for outstanding amounts.

so take it to a local service garage who will do it for a 1/4 of what the dealers are asking. thats your best bet

Just had a two year service by my local ford dealer car done 8,900 miles in two years cost £324 basic service no extra's needed. My next service local garage as a couple of you have said.

My 2 year service cost £175 @ 13000 approx miles (On a 1.25 zetec). You need to find a local family run franchise ford dealer not one of the big ones. Easier said than done but if you go to a local garage it may void warranty on certain items and dont forget your future sale.

I was told (by my Ford dealer!) that you can take your Ford to any independant garage for servicing as long as they are VAT registered & use original Ford parts & it will not void your warranty.

That's what I will be doing when mine is due its first service and at a fraction of the cost of the £195 the Ford dealer quotes!

I was told (by my Ford dealer!) that you can take your Ford to any independant garage for servicing as long as they are VAT registered & use original Ford parts & it will not void your warranty.

That's what I will be doing when mine is due its first service and at a fraction of the cost of the £195 the Ford dealer quotes!

yes this is exactly right...used to do under warranty services all the time back in the day...just ensure the stamp they put in your service book includes the VAT number...and its a ok! Also you can ask for them to use the gen' filters too...which is motorcraft stuff. We used to stock it all for when people wanted ford servicing.

where I used to work they would do a full service INCLUDING filters for 99pounds. Pollen and petrol filter was extra though.

Piggy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club