Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Fob Problems

Dazzzz7

Been having some issues with my key, for some reason, Lock button works, then unlock button wont work, and i have to open my car with the key manually or it happens the oppisite way, i can unlock with key then cant lock it !. I've tried resetting the key, but it doesnt do anything when i hit the unlock button. Any ideas guys ;) cheers

Been having some issues with my key, ..................

Can only guess something going wrong with the remote ? Have you tried a new battery ?

I notice that on mine I sometimes need three presses to activate double-locking instead of the required two.

Then a couple of days ago I noticed that when I unlocked the car with the remote, the boot was opening as well. Didn't happen when I unlocked it with the key. I took the key apart, it's the normal remote not the hidden blade one, I gave all the parts a good prodding, I tried it a few times afterwards and it seems to be OK. Touch Wood.

Stewart.

Cheers for the post back, av not tried a new battery, its weird, its like a tempremental women, central locking button inside the car works, so defo the key that has the problem, ill try a new battery, just funny how one day its fine then the next its acting up

Can only guess something going wrong with the remote ? Have you tried a new battery ?

I notice that on mine I sometimes need three presses to activate double-locking instead of the required two.

Then a couple of days ago I noticed that when I unlocked the car with the remote, the boot was opening as well. Didn't happen when I unlocked it with the key. I took the key apart, it's the normal remote not the hidden blade one, I gave all the parts a good prodding, I tried it a few times afterwards and it seems to be OK. Touch Wood.

Stewart.

Changed the battery and its working fine ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club