Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is It Possible To Up Mileage?

RCJ

Hey

Before i ring my dealer, does anyone know whether you can up your mileage?

I said i was going to do 12,000 miles a year, due to a new possible work opportunity i may need to do maybe 15-16000.

Will this cost me more? and Can they up it rather than charge m a fortune for going over?

what are you wanting to up your mileage on, if you dont mind me asking, insurance? please can you explain in more detail.

you realise that 4000 miles at 6p per mile is only a 240quid charge!

thats not bad...on my 30k mile per year lease I pay 18p per mile if I go over it!!!

I bet it cost you more to run the other car surely!? :unsure:

5-6p per mile - however, it's only done on the total over the whole finance agreement...

So, if you go 12,000 - 18,000 - 6,000 over a three year deal that works out ok with no extra mileage.

I'm on the 18,000 bracket - and pay around a tenner a month more as a result. This is only because it affects the estimated future value on the car. I was told by my dealer that the mileage makes no difference if you intend to trade in for another Ford at the end, it is only a factor if you intend to make the final payment and keep the car.

you realise that 4000 miles at 6p per mile is only a 240quid charge!

thats not bad...on my 30k mile per year lease I pay 18p per mile if I go over it!!!

I bet it cost you more to run the other car surely!? :unsure:

For some reason i didnt think of adding up extra mileage.... thats not actually bad at all!

5-6p per mile - however, it's only done on the total over the whole finance agreement...

So, if you go 12,000 - 18,000 - 6,000 over a three year deal that works out ok with no extra mileage.

I'm on the 18,000 bracket - and pay around a tenner a month more as a result. This is only because it affects the estimated future value on the car. I was told by my dealer that the mileage makes no difference if you intend to trade in for another Ford at the end, it is only a factor if you intend to make the final payment and keep the car.

I plan on staying with ford, would like the new Focus ST in a couple of years :) so thats cool

i know its no help to you but mines "Unlimited" :)

Erm... if theres nothing nice to say say nothing at all! So im going to reply with *nothing* B) haha, Surely that cost you a bomb, or your bought your fiesta out right...

I think ive come to the conclusion of, possibly selling my other car, paying for the extra miles and then using the excess cash on the mountune upgrade :D

Erm... if theres nothing nice to say say nothing at all! So im going to reply with *nothing* B) haha, Surely that cost you a bomb, or your bought your fiesta out right...

i dont know how much it cost lol, I was abit silly when i bought mine, i walked in said i wanted to pay no more than 250 a month and wanted a white fiesta zetec s tdci as new as possible and they got it to me within the week, with only a 1000 miles on clock and was previously owned by a ford salesmen who retired lol

it wouldnt suprise me if im paying 2k extra for no reason i just wanted a new car

you only pay an excess mileage charge if you hand the car back to ford at the end of the finance agreement

Jamie

When you get to 12000 miles pull the fuse to the speedo!!

Simples :ph34r:

It's not like the olden days when you could simply reverse to wind the mileage down!

you only pay an excess mileage charge if you hand the car back to ford at the end of the finance agreement

Jamie

What Jamie said.

If you pay the balloon payment + admin fee to keep the car then it doesn't matter what mileage you've done.

If you want to just hand the keys back (which is poor choice normally) then you'll be charged for excess mileage and any damage to the car.

If you trade it in, then the dealer can be flexible with the trade in value (they need to settle the balloon payment with Ford Credit, but they should make a tidy profit on the new car + sale of your car).

cool, im going to ring dealer at some point just to clarify from them, so no surprises! (not saying your all lying haha :D )

And ive been looking into insurance for the mountune upgrade :)

so money saved on not inuring golf = Mountune visit!!!

However i may just do the 140 upgrade for now :)