Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi All. I Am A Member. Hopefully Piking Up My New Fiesta On The First

driver6005

Hi all, I have just joined this group after owning a mrk6 fiesta for five years. the car has been faultless except a few niggles hear and their. however time to say goodby to the old girl and hopefully should get my new fiesta on the 1/3/11.

I hope they are as good if not better than the old version.

Hi and welcome. What model/colour/options etc have you gone for on the new car? Bet you can't wait, and getting it on the 1st day of the 11 plate - nice!

I have gone for the edge 1.25 i think 82 ps. in colarado red with alloys and bluetooth as i could get them for free. yeah i really cant wait. are their any good tips advice anyone can offer me. this is my first ever brand new car so a bit new at this game. after reading the things about bukkled aloys was thinking i should have kept the steel wheels on it.

Unless the alloys are the 16" or 17" ones (I'm guessing that they're the 15" from the Zetec?) there shouldn't be a problem buckling wise. The extra tyre side wall depth makes a big difference! In terms of advice, all I'd say is don't push the car too hard for the first 1000 miles (as the handbook says) to let it wear in a bit, and keep an eye on things like the fluid levels, tyre pressures, tyre wear etc like you would in any car. Apart from that just enjoy it, and oh yeh, take some pictures :P

Don't think the alloys are any mentioned above. There was a lot of edge fiestas that were missbuilds a while back and there are still a lot around and ford are offering the extra bits that were on there misbuilds for free. They were the optional alloys for the edge and bluetooth usb.

Hi, I used to drive a Mk6 and now have a 5 month old Mk7 Zetec. I've owned/driven more Fiestas than I care to admit and I've never had any problems with any of them (maybe I'm just lucky).

Hope you have many happy years with your new motor :)

I thought this thread was going to be another say hello to my new zetec s tdci with all the extras :D

Enjoy your new motor , i think red looks really nice on the fiesta and with the alloys as well should look well nice!

by the way if they are the 15" alloys they will be fine , ive been down plenty of potholes and not had any problems.

Thanks for your replies folks. well i spend all day driving large vehicals and it's nice to drive something nice on the way home instead of the sheds i get to drive at work. lol. i find the 1.25 engine in the car i drive sumtimes lacks a little but is more than enought for what i get up to. cheep to run as have been to france twice in my old girl a 52 plate. she has never failed me once. and has only ever failed one mot and that was a rear wheel baring which i allwredy new about. it does have a bit of a dodgey spedo which i find a lot fords end up with or do from that time.

to tell you all the truth i have driven a few different cars , citroen, vw golf,vw passat,vauxhall corsa, vauxhall combo van, alfa romeo. I have found the fiesta not as powerfull as these but what it lacks in power it more than makes up for in pure drivability, space inside and cost effectivness.

I have never had such luxeries as air conditioning and bluetooth etc still trying to work out what the last one really does lol. i just no it was free. and that must help the resale value.

Mithch84 no it isnt lol. not noking all that sort of thing but sometimes back to basics is best as less to go wrong. And thank's for the reassurance about the alloy wheels.

Paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club