Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Stalls And Doesnt Idel Proply

andyuk7

i have a mk4 ford fiesta 1.3 petrol and i got a majour problems with it the car doesnt idel proply and theres a put put noise from the exhaust i went to kwik fit to get advice from them and they said i needed new spark plugs and leads so i got them replaced but no difference so i went back to them and they said it was my coil pack so i had that replaced still no joy so i asked a mechanic and he he said it was the throttle sensor so i went to the scrap yard and got one and it made it worse as when i change down a gear it stalls it sounds like its missfiring from the exhaust

blimey hard to know where to start. stop going to kwik fit. what was the original fault with the car, did it just one day start to idle poorly. if so then it is likely to be the idle control valve. as a matter of course you should change your air and fuel filter if the car is not regularly serviced. also clean the throttle body where you throttle sensor is housed well. if weve got clean air and clean full fuel going into the engine it will be a starting point. buy a haynes manual for your car as after changing your throttle sensor you seem to say the problem got even worse, they have to be fitted carefully to orientate them correctly in the housing, the manual will help you out. then re post with an update, ok!

blimey hard to know where to start. stop going to kwik fit. what was the original fault with the car, did it just one day start to idle poorly. if so then it is likely to be the idle control valve. as a matter of course you should change your air and fuel filter if the car is not regularly serviced. also clean the throttle body where you throttle sensor is housed well. if weve got clean air and clean full fuel going into the engine it will be a starting point. buy a haynes manual for your car as after changing your throttle sensor you seem to say the problem got even worse, they have to be fitted carefully to orientate them correctly in the housing, the manual will help you out. then re post with an update, ok!

hi m8 i changed the idle control valve still didnt make any difference also changed the throttle sensor and that made it worse so i put the old one back in ill check the throttle housing today and ill put a new air filter in the car runs ok it just happends when its idling

Another idea that everyone seems to miss is ht leads. engine running remove one and replace if 1 of them makes no difference to the idle could be a duff ht spark plug or coil for that cylinder.

Another idea that everyone seems to miss is ht leads. engine running remove one and replace if 1 of them makes no difference to the idle could be a duff ht spark plug or coil for that cylinder.

replaced the spark plugs and leads and the coil pack still having same problem car is ok to drive but it stalls when you slow down at a junction and keeps revving up when idle

thoroughly check all vacuum hoses in the engine management system to ensure you have no leaks. have you thought about the fuel filter easy change, cheap and eliminates a host of problems viewed on the forums!

What colour are the plugs? Good indicator of if running rich. Exhaust will also assist here.

Does sound like fueling too me

What colour are the plugs? Good indicator of if running rich. Exhaust will also assist here.

Does sound like fueling too me

plugs were a ok it all started off when i replaced a breather hose took it to a garage even them couldnt find out what was going wrong told me to book it in but dont want to spend a forture on something simple

plugs were a ok it all started off when i replaced a breather hose took it to a garage even them couldnt find out what was going wrong told me to book it in but dont want to spend a forture on something simple

if all this started with the change of a breather hose, then this must be focused on. which breather hose was it? could anything be amiss, treble check because if this caused it then its the fix! sorry for stating the obvious!

if all this started with the change of a breather hose, then this must be focused on. which breather hose was it? could anything be amiss, treble check because if this caused it then its the fix! sorry for stating the obvious!

it was the breather hose i put it so ive put the old one back in and the car went back to normal no more stalling ticks over ok i think that there was too much air getting into the system and it was upsetting the cars routine it was the hose that fits on the oil cap on the edura engine

it was the breather hose i put it so ive put the old one back in and the car went back to normal no more stalling ticks over ok i think that there was too much air getting into the system and it was upsetting the cars routine it was the hose that fits on the oil cap on the edura engine

bingo, then return the hose and get a refund, and if your old one is ok then fine, if you do need to replace it in future may i recommend a ford replacement as it seems to be quite critical to the car setup :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club