Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Steering Wheel

Musketter

we have a Fiesta Style+ (59) which we love apart from the plastic steering wheel.

I have seen several of the half leather wheels on the Zetec model on eBay etc and was wondering how easy it is to swap the steering wheel over ?

I know the air bag will need changing over as well but as far as I can tell it is the same on both steering wheels. I believe the air bag is held in by 2 screws, but how does the wheel come off ? Is it just loosen the nut, disconnect the wiring and a sharp tug ?

Thanks, Keith

we have a Fiesta Style+ (59) which we love apart from the plastic steering wheel.

I have seen several of the half leather wheels on the Zetec model on Ebay etc and was wondering how easy it is to swap the steering wheel over ?

I know the air bag will need changing over as well but as far as I can tell it is the same on both steering wheels. I believe the air bag is held in by 2 screws, but how does the wheel come off ? Is it just loosen the nut, disconnect the wiring and a sharp tug ?

Thanks, Keith

Hello and welcome to the forum Keith,

Before you go touching the airbags please disconnect the battery and leave it 5 minutes.

remove the 2 screws holding the airbag, and it should unclip from the wheel (might be awkward)

remove the large bolt from the centre of the wheel (probably 24mm) and pull the wheel off.

a little threadlock on the large bolt when refitting wont do any harm either :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club