Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Exhausts And Lambda Sensors

kabz77

Good Morning All

I wanted to let you know that if/when you fit an aftermarket exhaust the warranty on your exhaust/engine becomes void - guessing most of you knew that.

Any way, the other thing, it appears the factory lambda sensors dont last as long with aftermarket exhausts as they do with the factory exhausts (I've been warned that if you're really unlucky a sensor could go faulty once a year). I've just changed the pre-cat lambda sensor on my vehicle at a cost of £90 supplied and fitted. I had to change the sensor because my mpg was down from 34mpg to 28mpg, hopefully the changing of the sensor will bring the mpg back up to what it should be.

By the way if you ever ned to change your sensor, Ford quoted me £161 for the precat lambda while Unipart charged me £80 for an NGK sensor.

It should only be the Exhaust warranty that would be void but you should have a years warranty from the exhaust supplier.

I've had my Milltek system on for well over a year with the original sensor and never had any issues as of yet, the OEM lambda not lasting long with an aftermarket exhaust is absolute tosh. The only thing I would say is that if your car is modded without complimentary remap/reflash, you could be running rich sutting the lambda sensor causing false readings to be transmitted to the PCM resulting in poor MPG.

JZSK - PumaSpeed told me that I dont need a remap, have you had your ecu remapped at all? If you have where did you get it done? I approached Mountune and they wont touch my car as its not parts supplied and fitted by them.

Thank you

I have had my PCM/ECU reflashed, but I am running a bit of a different setup to most, I sent my PCM/ECU to Germany(European-parts) who I believe sent it onto Komo-tec also in Germany to be reflashed as part of the supercharger kit. Just out of interest what performance modifications are you running?

Good Morning JZSK

I've got my car booked in at AMD Essex for tomorrow for an ECU remap. I told them that my mpg has slightly dropped and the car is running a little sluggish, they told me the ECU does need a remap as the upgrades are not suited to the car while the ECU is factory standard. I'm hoping the ECU remap does improve the car as a cost of £299 is a lot of money.

Any way the upgrades I've done to the car include:

1. Miltek 4-1 manifold

2. Miltek Sport Cat

3. Miltek dual exhaust

4. J1 induction kit

You have a supercharge?? OMG that must shift like a rocket, sadly my mpg is very important to me so I dont think I will ever go that powerful.

IS there anything I need to be aware of/look out for when I get the car remapped?

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

I have had my PCM/ECU reflashed, but I am running a bit of a different setup to most, I sent my PCM/ECU to Germany(European-parts) who I believe sent it onto Komo-tec also in Germany to be reflashed as part of the supercharger kit. Just out of interest what performance modifications are you running?

Hi

Hope you dont mind but, Out of intrest how much was the supercharger kit I am looking for mods for my zetec s

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club