Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus

hi all new member here recently bought a 2005 focus estate(new shape)all went well until today cant open bonnet local ford garage says will have to cut front grill to get atlocking mechanism apparently a white plastic clip could well be the cause any info much appreciated

common problem across the range mate, lock siezing only way to get it open or to gain access to the area is to as he said, cut the grill, new lock can be expensive maybe £90 best precaution is to spray with WD-40 regularly also it’s not a case that you can continue driving without getting it repaired as you will need to change oil etc. Were all liable to suffer the same case as yourself mate its a serious pain in the kahonas :blink:

When you get the lock sorted, make sure its full greased. I mean pour the !Removed! grease over the damn thing, everywhere. Spray wd40 into the slot where the key hole goes.Don't worry if it looks dirty after a while at least the stupid thing wont seize or rust or whatever.

common problem across the range mate, lock siezing only way to get it open or to gain access to the area is to as he said, cut the grill, new lock can be expensive maybe £90 best precaution is to spray with WD-40 regularly also it’s not a case that you can continue driving without getting it repaired as you will need to change oil etc. Were all liable to suffer the same case as yourself mate its a serious pain in the kahonas :blink:

thanks for reply all . lock turns fine in both directions guy at ford garage explained that a white plastic clip situated behind the lock has probably derailed apparently a common fault just wondered if any body else had come across the same thing

I've seen a few of these posts, some people have managed to get under the car, and managed to re-allign it - no damage done! others have had to have the grill smashed in, so that they could get behind and reallign the clip. It really depends on how confident the mechanic is who is doing it, and how (if its a dealer) their profits are looking for the month...

I've seen a few of these posts, some people have managed to get under the car, and managed to re-allign it - no damage done! others have had to have the grill smashed in, so that they could get behind and reallign the clip. It really depends on how confident the mechanic is who is doing it, and how (if its a dealer) their profits are looking for the month...

I read some where that you can cut the fixings of the grill to gain access to the lock.