Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Subwoofer Help!

Kasim786

People i have a huge problem :(

I have fitted a Subwoofer in my fiesta, been about a month now and had no problems at all. All off a sudden the climate control will NOT come on no matter what, and the subwoofer wont power on either, i fitted a new fuse in te sub but still bo power.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem clould be? :'(

what did you wire the sub whoofer to mate?

Picture005.jpg

haha reason behond the micra pic?!?! and by the sounds it may just be a fuse within the car, you checked the fuse box?? i think the CC is behind the glove box but not overly sure.... is the sub pre-amped as well? could be a issue lying around there if it aint

Ive wired it to the standard headunit, i have the mk7 fiesta with the huge facias, i used an

Rca convertor to hook it up, as i said its all been fine untill yesterday :(

showing my experience in car audio :lol: and its a EP91 Starlet, spent 8K doin it up, anyway back to the topic the sub should be connected to an amp either built in to the sub box or external, amp should be wired to battery directly not piggy backed on anything else, and if the amp has a wired remote, the remote cable should be run opposite side to audio cables in the car as it can cause a hum on the Speakers if run side by side, my guess is you have blown fuses, just run the amp power cable through a grommet and on to the battery terminal directly with its own fuse.

I think it might be a fuse, its not a built in amp, i changed the fuse for the sub and stil no power so might well be a fuse in the car, im

Confused why the heating/climate control wont turn on though, at one point i couldnt even lock the car from the key fob but i can now,

I checked and re-checked all the wiring and all looks fine

Ive wired it to the standard headunit, i have the mk7 fiesta with the huge facias, i used an

Rca convertor to hook it up, as i said its all been fine untill yesterday :(

RCA is fine shouldnt be a problem mate just the power cable always wire amps directly to the battery with an in line fuse fitted and earth the amp close to the unit

How would i go about changing the fuse now? I try not to muck about with electrics as i am gauranteed to cause disaster! Lol!

How would i go about changing the fuse now? I try not to muck about with electrics as i am gauranteed to cause disaster! Lol!

check the amp unit for a fuse or is their a little box on the power cable for the amp, as for your fan check your fiesta manual for the fuse number and location of the fuse box

one thing to note also is never put in a higher capacity fuse in a slot example a 15 instead of a 10 doing this would cover the surge caused by the sub the way its wired but would also set your fuse box on fire, as the car loom cables are not designed to be piggybacked they all carry their maximum capacity as it is, thats why the amp should be fed directly from the battery on its own with a fuse mate, :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club