Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Passengers Window

ffiscool

Hi everyone... I have a 3 door, so obviously only has the two front windows. My driver's window opens partly and when closing, one click of the switch then closes it in one go. The passenger window however, doesnt do that without my keeping pulling the switch.. Have owned lots of other 3 door cars before, and on all the passenger window, closed the same as drivers side, with one click of the switch.. the handbook doesnt say anything about the passenger window, so just wanted to check with you all, if this is how it should be or do I need to get it checked out?

On another note, the lever to move the steering column, when you go to put it back, it is SO stiff and hard, it takes real force - again, anyone found this to be the same?

Hi ya

Mine is exactly the same on both counts. I think the window thing is just Ford being cheap skates, even my old 1991 Honda civic had a one touch close Passenger window, does make you wonder some times doesn't it.

With the wheel adjustment lever I found it makes it slightly easier to do back up if you push it slightly to the left it does back up a alot easier that way, well it does for me at least.

Regards

Adrian

One-touch up/down is only present on drivers window.

That lever should be stiff, wouldn't want it coming loose whilst driving ;)

One-touch up/down is only present on drivers window.

That lever should be stiff, wouldn't want it coming loose whilst driving ;)

Thanks all. Yes agree on steering lever but this

is mega hard. Previous cars needed a hard push

but not more. But won't be moving it often

so it's ok. Did think window a bit cheap skate

when you think prob how little extra it cost

Oh well eh, great car otherwise

Yeh I agree about the window, though at least it's one up on the mk1 focus which only had 'one touch' for opening but not closing (or the other way round :blink:)!

Regards the windows, why would you need a one touch passenger window? The driver has to drive as well as operating window, passenger however can give 100% concentration to operating said window! :rolleyes:

True. But on hot days, I do often open both windows when on my own or

when have stopped to ask directions. So was just a lazy thing, my wanting

to close it on one touch

It's the same with the previous MK6 facelift as well.

In contrast my girlfriends S reg corsa B had both one touch up/down on both sides, and heated wing mirrors - which seem to have been omitted from ZS' and other lower spec cars.

Very easy to do, I did it to my Pug a few years ago. Most seem to use the Mondeo relay, Cost me £2 each from local scrappy.

Here is a guide, http://www.mirez.co.uk/PassDown.htm Plenty more if you Google

Have fun

True. But on hot days, I do often open both windows when on my own or

when have stopped to ask directions. So was just a lazy thing, my wanting

to close it on one touch

I can get passenger window in the position I want (I like them about half, but both the same!)while driving no sweat!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club