Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.25 problem

stutick

Hi this is my first post, and I have a problem with my 2001 Fiesta 1.25 freesytle.

Basically, when the car is started from cold it runs rough coughs and splutters and judders (like if is mis-firing) when driving down the road especially when the revs are low. Dropping down a gear can eliminate this. I am also getting the age-old problem of stalling when coming to a stop.

When I have used it for a while the problems are not there!!!

I have read that if i replace the Ignition coil, HT Leads and Spark plugs this could resolve the problems, I am loathed to take it to Frauds due to the credit crunch lol

Any suggestions?

Hi this is my first post, and I have a problem with my 2001 Fiesta 1.25 freesytle.

Basically, when the car is started from cold it runs rough coughs and splutters and judders (like if is mis-firing) when driving down the road especially when the revs are low. Dropping down a gear can eliminate this. I am also getting the age-old problem of stalling when coming to a stop.

When I have used it for a while the problems are not there!!!

I have read that if i replace the Ignition coil, HT Leads and Spark plugs this could resolve the problems, I am loathed to take it to Frauds due to the credit crunch lol

Any suggestions?

Doubt if you need to replace them...try this first........you might want to check the throttle body for carbon build up. The butterfly valve may be sticking due to it being gummed up.

Just take of the intake hose and spray into the throttle body some throttle body cleaner........'taken from a post by Mistry'

I seem to have fixed my little problem, by changing the spark plugs and Air Filter.

I think the air filter was all that was needed as it was very blocked, which would explain the choking up when cold.

Seems to be running like a dream now :) :) :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club