Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Zetec Clutch Problems

cupid stunt

hi guys im new here and was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem i have with my v reg 1.6 focus zetec as im not mechanically minded :(

i was driving home from work when i came to a round about, went to dip my clutch and half way through pressing it down it popped and became extremely loose.

It felt like my clutch peddle just dissapeared and wouldnt come back up, i was able to get it into a gear and continue off the roundabout where i pulled up and stalled to a halt,

upon getting out of my car i was then able to see a trail of black fluids behind me and a pool under my car :( i was still able to drive my car home later that night changing gears without my clutch so im assuming that the gears are not the problem and my brakes seemed to work fine.

ive spoken to a garage and they said that i would be looking at the front end of £500 to sort but he never told me what my money would be used for, so i aint giving them a bean

so any help here would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou

hi guys im new here and was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem i have with my v reg 1.6 focus zetec as im not mechanically minded :(

i was driving home from work when i came to a round about, went to dip my clutch and half way through pressing it down it popped and became extremely loose.

It felt like my clutch peddle just dissapeared and wouldnt come back up, i was able to get it into a gear and continue off the roundabout where i pulled up and stalled to a halt,

upon getting out of my car i was then able to see a trail of black fluids behind me and a pool under my car :( i was still able to drive my car home later that night changing gears without my clutch so im assuming that the gears are not the problem and my brakes seemed to work fine.

ive spoken to a garage and they said that i would be looking at the front end of £500 to sort but he never told me what my money would be used for, so i aint giving them a bean

Thankyou

Could be the clutch servo, or just a complete new clutch kit. Sounds like the clutch housing has just fallen apart and pee'd the fluid everywhere. You really need to get them to diagnose it before you offer them money to fix it. If your not mechanically minded, then we can only help so far. Can you get a mobile mechanic to take a look at it whilst its at home? could be worth the few quid to get it diagnosed?

Thankyou

hi there, im not sure if its got a consentric thrust bearing but could be that, or like the other chap says a new clutch kit may be needed, i have just had a clutch kit in my mondeo i sourced an luk kit for £360 and gave a m8 £150 to fit it all including new dmf,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club