Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haggling With Dealer

Ad_87

Hey guys, Just found a 1.4 Fiesta titanium i'm interested in. I'm going to try and haggle on price but what do you think i could push for? Free servicing for a year, mudflaps, scuff plates e.t.c? It's an 09 model so it's a fair wedge.. Was hoping this might swing in my favour for getting a few extras on the deal :P

Any comments appreciated.

Ad.

p.s. It's from a ford dealership..

A discount will all depend on a few things:

Trade in? Deposit, Finance or cash out right, Price of car, how desperate they are to shift it

Obviously with no trade in you can haggle a pretty good discount.

I would always be very cheeky with a first offer haha, the worst they can do is say no, then you can work from there. Try £1000 to start with. then when you are happy with a price, say you will have a look about as you are not 100% sure. see if they will throw in some extras then (servicing or whatever)

how old are you?

i shopped about alot for my new car myself (im 23) and when i took my dad in with me i got a much better deal, even from the same garage....... go figure??? worth a shot.

Do nit pick, like any marks or inperfections. Keep the dealer waiting. dont ever seem to eager and happy straight away.

A discount will all depend on a few things:

Trade in? Deposit, Finance or cash out right, Price of car, how desperate they are to shift it

Obviously with no trade in you can haggle a pretty good discount.

I would always be very cheeky with a first offer haha, the worst they can do is say no, then you can work from there. Try £1000 to start with. then when you are happy with a price, say you will have a look about as you are not 100% sure. see if they will throw in some extras then (servicing or whatever)

how old are you?

i shopped about alot for my new car myself (im 23) and when i took my dad in with me i got a much better deal, even from the same garage....... go figure??? worth a shot.

Do nit pick, like any marks or inperfections. Keep the dealer waiting. dont ever seem to eager and happy straight away.

Agreed, the more you make them wait the more eager they get to shift it. Sometimes you cant really wait (i.e. if you need to getrid of yours desperately) but also look on Fords used car website, print out details of other cars, same year, similar spec mileage etc. I did this with my Cee'd and managed to get about £800 knocked off just by that alone, that was with part ex of my focus, had I not been in a hurry to shift the focus, then I would have knocked more off!

Always be confident, use their "higher authority" technique, you cant make a judgement without talking to the mrs...

rather than copying all the advice over, take a look at this thread : http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-ceed-forum/67208-addition-family-4.html - this is when I was looking to get the Cee'd and asked some of the Cee'd owners the best way to haggle... hope that some of this is of help!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club