Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miles Till Empty Query

mugwump111

Hi all,

I took delivery of my new Fiesta Titanium and absolutely love it so far!

The salesman pointed out the 'Miles Til Empty' indicator, and when I left the dealer it read 62. I then filled the tank and it read 339.

I then took it for its initial spin, a known route and distance = 42 miles.

But this morning my 'Miles Till Empty' read a worrying 260!

I did notice it falling faster than the distance should have warranted yesterday, but thought it might be a running in/settling down thing.

But is this usual??? Can anyone help???

Thank you

Hi all,

I took delivery of my new Fiesta Titanium and absolutely love it so far!

The salesman pointed out the 'Miles Til Empty' indicator, and when I left the dealer it read 62. I then filled the tank and it read 339.

I then took it for its initial spin, a known route and distance = 42 miles.

But this morning my 'Miles Till Empty' read a worrying 260!

I did notice it falling faster than the distance should have warranted yesterday, but thought it might be a running in/settling down thing.

But is this usual??? Can anyone help???

Thank you

I wouldn't take the reading too literally as it is only a guide and is designed to be pessimistic so that you don't run out! I am on my second New Fiesta Titanium (this ones an auto) and am very pleased with both cars. You will read elsewhere on this site (Fiesta Club) that Ford's published mpg figures are a bit optimistic to say the least. Despite that, it's a great car.

• Like 1

I wouldn't take the reading too literally as it is only a guide and is bound to be designed to be pessimistic so that you don't run out! I am on my second New Fiesta Titanium (this ones an auto) and am very pleased with both cars. You will read elsewhere on this site (Fiesta Club) that Ford's published mpg figures are a bit optimistic to say the least. Despite that, it's a great car.

Yeah the MPG is optimistic by all manufacturers, they always advise take off 10% for a more realistic figure.

Anyway MugWump, its highly likely that the car is still learning and adapting to your driving style. I would say for your first 2 full tanks of fuel it will be a little off, by your third you should find its a bit more likely to be accurate. especially as its new, the engine will also still be bedding in, for the first 5000 miles you will find that alsorts seems a little off, i.e. your MPG will be markebly low at points, and your general miles will be lower, but this is all part of the process :)

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Thank you very much for this. I think I understand the underlying principle more now, so am much relieved.

Than you again, much appreciated :)

Loving the car tho. Can't get enough of it :)x

Thank you very much for this. I think I understand the underlying principle more now, so am much relieved.

Than you again, much appreciated :)

Loving the car tho. Can't get enough of it :)x

no problem, Happy Ford Motoring! and enjoy that new car smell while it lasts...

I have also found the average mpg figure on the trip computer very slightly optimistic when checking against fill to fill actual mpg. On mine it is usually 1-2 mpg out so not enough to worry about !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club