Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ecat

johnH

hi brigante, yeah i did i forgot about that. will get it sorted soon as i can.

johns - sounds like you updated the etis or not copied over the patch correctly

hi brigante, yeah i did i forgot about that. will get it sorted soon as i can.

johns - sounds like you updated the etis or not copied over the patch correctly

it's on a clean install of the OS though, it cant be? Ive done it twice on both clean installs and it always seems to do the same thing

must be the patch no being correctly applied or something. i will have to look into it and remind myself when i get time off work.

Right mate trying to do this.. Got up to step 7)it will now bring up a command prompt (black screen) and start doing some magic trickery

I'm stuck on 8)now go back to the patch file and go into the activation file, select all the files, right click copy.

Where is the patch file? The thing I copied to the ecat folder? Clicking patch but I can't open anything and I cant see any activation file to copy.

yeah basically its the command prompt thats the patch...does it come with any errors?

Yup I've run the patch file, black screens popped up, no sign of any errors but i can't see an activation file or anything. Can you give me a directory for me to type into run or something?

im off this sunday so will attempt to install on my new laptop and will let you know...bit busy at mo mate

just installed it all now. amazing. thanks so much!

Brigante, the directory was actually called 'activator' not activation. When you extracted the patch_2011-10 file, it should have given you a load of subdirectories... 5 called patch_xxxxx and 1 called 'activator'. if you copy all the files from the activator directory to the jre/bin folder (as per the notes) it should all work a treat!!

just installed it all now. amazing. thanks so much!

Brigante, the directory was actually called 'activator' not activation. When you extracted the patch_2011-10 file, it should have given you a load of subdirectories... 5 called patch_xxxxx and 1 called 'activator'. if you copy all the files from the activator directory to the jre/bin folder (as per the notes) it should all work a treat!!

Somethings going wrong for me mate. The first few times I did it, I never got the activator or other directories, just the 3 or so files called patch something.

But I've just done it again now and got all the activator directories etc. Seemed to be going well but now I've got to opening ecat on the desktop, only to open an internet explorer window saying this:

HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

descriptionThe requested resource () is not available.

Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01

Can I get around this somehow or am I gonna have to uninstall and do it all again?

Right disregard the last message. Uninstalled in safe mode, seems to have worked without a hitch this time, but when I opened ecat on the desktop it now opens in firefox not IE, put in all the details, but when I click ok nothing happens and I don't get any log in page.

Sounds like you're almost there!

I had a little problem in that Google Chrome was my default browser and it didn't seem to want to work either.

But then I opened IE, clicked the 'make IE default' button, and when I reopened Ecat... Voila!

It's a serious bit of software. Huge thanks again

Right set IE as default, it now worked without a hitch. Got into ecat, but IE kept being annoying popping up with turn intranet settings on, clicked it and it logged me out of ecat, when I try logging back in it says the password I changed it to is incorrect, it also says the old one is too so now I can't get back on it.

I found to get it to run i needed to set internet explorer as default, then load up the E-Cat. :)

I am just getting this message and can't get back into it:

Welcome to FordEcat Login unsuccessful: invalid user name or password.

Are you using the username and password the readme states? I get the same error, but i think i changed the pw and forgot it :/

Yup it worked fine, I logged in with admin and sa, changed the password, logged in again with the new password and it worked. But then IE kept popping up at the bottom saying to change the intranet settings, I thought this was to turn the pop up blocker back on so I did it, but this just logged me out of ecat, now I cant log back in and it says the password or username is wrong. I've tried both the old a new password but it's just not working. Really hope I ain't gonna have to uninstall and do it all over again :(

might be ie blocking the data somehow...go to tools and restore ie...if not try chrome or another browser

tried it with firefox and still the same thing happening mate

tis a wierd one. im off tomoz so ill check then properly and remind myself of the installation.

I installed no problem , one question JohnH can it be updated ? as when i run the update all i get is a notepad open with the script showing

Right I've got back on it now after a lot of peeing about, but I keep getting messages popping up from IE, and if I click any of them even to close em it logs me out of ecat and won't let me back in. Sorry for clogging up your thread with trivial messages by the way mate and well done for the torrent.

Riight whenever I try viewing parts it comes up with a script error

ok now im lost i thought it was etis...lol

with ecat you need to install the viewer (cant remember the name) basically its on the disk - also on guide i wrote...you need to right click it once installed - properties - compatibility - tick run in admin.

that should do it.

Installed the viewer mate but I'm still getting this pop up whenever I click on anything

ecat.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club