Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tdci 52 Reg

crazyworld`985

Hi there.

New to the site..

Just looking for some info really. We bought a second hand mondeo back in July and after 19 days we broke down on the motorway. The car wont start and it is suspected that the con rod has come through?! (girly terms.. i apologise!)

Here is a photo of what we can see in the engine.. any ideas?

309858_10150840772910147_697690146_21160706_193006216_n.jpg

the issue we are having with the trader is that he is saying the likely cause of this is due to poor maintenance.. (after 19 days???!) and that it's something to do with the oil.

We checked the oil level before we purchased the car and it was fine.. i've now checked the oil level.. as we didnt do is since we've had the car.. and its looking something like this..

Taken today!

321103_10150840777960147_697690146_21160755_435051811_n.jpg

Is it likely that due to the oil it would have caused this con rod thing to come through? If so how do you think we will stand in Court in reclaiming our money as we have just issued it in the small claims court as the trader is sayin the onus is on us to ensure daily appropriate servicing...!?

Thanks in advance

Gem :)

Did you top up the oil since purchase?

as from the looks of the dip stick the oil level is way OTT

which is the same as running a car with no oil at all,

its also black as boots and after 19days should still be golden brown (texture like sun)

looks like the garage didn’t change the oil prior to selling to you,

also i would advise having an independent Mechanic have a look at the car and issue a report on headed paper and including the time and date of inspection

of what and how happened

this document will stand by you in court.

Best of Luck

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club